CarAudioForum.com

Old 07-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
as11foo

as11foo is on a distinguished road

JL Audio Install Help

I'm new to the forum and mostly new to "quality" system builds.

I'm looking to build a good SQ system in a Mercedes A45 AMG.
I'm thinking:

Stock OEM head unit with JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep

Front and Rear doors: JL Audio ZR650-CSI Components

Sub: JL Audio 8W7AE-3 (8 inch) (500 W, 3 Ω)

Amp for the speakers: JL Audio HD600/4 4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 150 W x 4 @ 1.5-4 Ω

Amp for the sub: JL Audio HD750/1 Monoblock Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 750 W x 1 @ 1.5-4 Ω

Or should i go down the 1 amp route with a JL Audio HD900/5: 5 Ch. Class D System Amplifier, 900 W

Look forward to any advice

Thanks
as11foo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 07-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by as11foo View Post
I'm new to the forum and mostly new to "quality" system builds.

I'm looking to build a good SQ system in a Mercedes A45 AMG.
I'm thinking:

Stock OEM head unit with JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep

Front and Rear doors: JL Audio ZR650-CSI Components

Sub: JL Audio 8W7AE-3 (8 inch) (500 W, 3 Ω)

Amp for the speakers: JL Audio HD600/4 4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 150 W x 4 @ 1.5-4 Ω

Amp for the sub: JL Audio HD750/1 Monoblock Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 750 W x 1 @ 1.5-4 Ω

Or should i go down the 1 amp route with a JL Audio HD900/5: 5 Ch. Class D System Amplifier, 900 W

Look forward to any advice

Thanks
How much of that do you own right now?
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
as11foo

The sub and the speakers

Old 07-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

I would normally recommend upgrading front speakers and leaving out the rears (or leaving the stock ones there if you must).

The JL Clean Sweep requires that you use the volume on the Clean Sweep rather than the OEM radio after setup which is one thing that throws me- for an integration processor I would look into JBL's MS-8, Audison's BitOne, Alpine's PXA H800 (and RuxC800 controller), Rockford Fosgate's 3Sixty.3 or new models from the likes of Helix, Arc Audio.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #5
as11foo

But what im looking to install is that a good setup?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
But what im looking to install is that a good setup?
I'd go a different direction with the processor, and maybe amplifiers. There isn't too much point talking about speakers + sub as they are a done deal.

I find JL's speakers to sound a little "sterile" for my liking, but personal taste will factor in to what makes a good speaker to your ears. The sub should be a little monster if you power it properly in the right enclosure. As for amplifiers, if you need small amplifiers and don't mind paying premium prices for them the JL HD series would be fine. I would go with separate amplifiers rather than a 5 channel as most of those are notorious for not having enough on the sub channel (and you will need lots of clean power for the W7). There are more cost effective routes to go with amplifiers if that is an issue for you, and many prefer Class A/B amplifiers for their full range speakers over Class D- it makes less of a difference for the sub (if any), but Class D full range can have some switching noise that may or may not be apparent to you. The Class D switching noise shouldn't be too much of an issue for JL amps compared to other brands however.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
as11foo

With the speakers and sub i have what amps would you suggest?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:36 AM   #8
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Do you want matching amplifiers for front stage and subwoofer? Budget?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #9
as11foo

Yes i would like them to be JL'S and also what do you suggest

Old 07-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Yes i would like them to be JL'S and also what do you suggest
I see. Then you'll buy your JL amps.