CarAudioForum.com

Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
Bones72x

Bones72x is on a distinguished road

Cool Lake Stereo Project

Hey guys!

I'm a coatings scientist, and am attempting to build a submergable stereo system. However, I have not taken an electronics course. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind offering some advice about what type of amp/electronics to use.

I am going to be using a closed (obviously) tubular enclosure.

I need a cheap decent sounding amp, and speaker combo for my testing phases. Doesn't matter whether they are water proof... I'm testing my coatings.

Also, what type of speaker ohm/amp combo would give me good volume while preserving battery life? (for durability testing)

I'm still in my preliminary research phase. Any help you could provide is GREATLY appreciated!
Bones72x is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
jepalan

jepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones72x View Post
Hey guys!

I'm a coatings scientist, and am attempting to build a submergable stereo system. However, I have not taken an electronics course. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind offering some advice about what type of amp/electronics to use.

I am going to be using a closed (obviously) tubular enclosure.

I need a cheap decent sounding amp, and speaker combo for my testing phases. Doesn't matter whether they are water proof... I'm testing my coatings.

Also, what type of speaker ohm/amp combo would give me good volume while preserving battery life? (for durability testing)

I'm still in my preliminary research phase. Any help you could provide is GREATLY appreciated!
FWIW, I'm an electronics engineer & used to work for ocean engineering firm.

We need more specifics...

Define "cheap". i.e. What is your budget?

Define "good volume"? How loud and under what conditions?

What kind of battery are you planning to use? Car battery?

Rough dimensions... How much space available for speakers? How much for amp(s)? Battery?
jepalan is offline   Reply With Quote