Go Back > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2018, 02:19 AM   #18

Maxim# is on a distinguished road

Update on progress:
Everything is going very slow due to my surgery recovery but I decided to slightly increase my budget.

- component speakers already purchased: Hertz HSK 165 6.5”, really loved them when heard them in the store!,
- amp installation kit already here - KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 0 Gauge OFC Dual Power Amp Installation Wiring Kit:
- I took off front door panel and made a paper template for speakers adapter: 6x9 to 6.5. Stock speaker was going 1.5” inch deep to the door and 1.5” out of the door.
- for subs decided on 2 of these: IDQ10 V.4 D2 just waiting with ordering till I choose the amp so I know if 2ohm or 4ohm will be right. The other option based on yalls suggestion was just one sub: SoundQubed HDC3.110 10, still thinking about it but since I never heard them I can really just on opinions…
- I have also changed my mind about enclosure, did a lot of reading/research and seem like people who like similar type of music to mine (trance, trap, dub, house, hip hop) usually prefer ported enclosure so I might go for one as well but I’m not going to build it myself, I was looking on ebay like u guys suggested:
Ebay: 10" inch Dual Subwoofer Sub Box Enclosure Ported Vented 1" Face Labyrinth OBCON, price $62,

Last missing puzzles – amps, I’m sticking to your suggestions and looking for mono and 4 channel ones with the filters you guys mentioned: HPF, LPF, subsonic, bass boost. ckeeler11 mentioned that I need line out converted so I did some reading and I guess instead of that I could get an amp with high level inputs?(didn’t find really any serious cons)
4 channel amp(my power needs: components 2x125W RMS, in the future
coaxials in the back with similar RMS):

SoundStorm (SSL) EVO2000.4amp is at sonicelectronix and has all the features:
price $120
rms: 250W x 4 Chan. @ 4 Ohms, 500W x 2 Chan. @ 2 Ohms,
- 2 pair preamp outputs,
- high level inputs

Mono amps that I found matching my RMS needs:
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D
price $259
RMS: 400W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 800W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 1200W x 1 @ 1 ohm

Hifonics BRX1516.1D
RMS:4 ohms: 550w, 2 ohms: 900w, 1 ohm: 1500w,
(this amp has a lot of comments about not lasting very long)

Power Acoustik CB1-4500D
price: $114
rms: 900w @ 4 ohms, 1500w @ 2 ohms
(only issue in here that max wire is 8guage and I got 4 with my amp kit)

Thanks for all your input!

Last edited by Maxim#; 01-16-2018 at 02:21 AM. Reason: missing pictures
Maxim# is offline   Reply With Quote