CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 06-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
ffn9

ffn9 is on a distinguished road

What is this pile of junk wires?

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me shed some light on this :P

I bought a used car a while ago and didn't really check the stereo. My friend recently told me that the side speakers sounded like they werent working... and indeed they were not.
I took a look at the guides and have been trying to figure this out myself but I think it has to do with the rear amp but don't know exactly what the issue is.

Do you guys know if this is fixable? It looks like the previous owner might have added an aftermarket stereo system but I have no clue

The picture is below

https://image.ibb.co/kKrDdQ/Car_audio.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
ffn9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-14-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
KaeZoo

KaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you could tell us the year and model of the vehicle, that would be helpful.

With nothing else to go on, it looks like someone disconnected some speaker wires from the factory amplifier and extended them with after-market speaker wire to connect to an after-market amp or head unit.

Are there any after-market audio components in the vehicle? Have you verified that there are actually speakers present in the locations that aren't working?
KaeZoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #3
ffn9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeZoo View Post
If you could tell us the year and model of the vehicle, that would be helpful.

With nothing else to go on, it looks like someone disconnected some speaker wires from the factory amplifier and extended them with after-market speaker wire to connect to an after-market amp or head unit.

Are there any after-market audio components in the vehicle? Have you verified that there are actually speakers present in the locations that aren't working?
Thank you so much for responding

It's a 2011 Kia Optima with the Infinity set-up (I think the JBL external amp should be factory).

If they disconnected the speaker wire and the speakers are still in there (which I think they are :P I shined a flashlight in there hahaha), it should be an easy fix if I just reconnect them right? Or how much would you think it would cost for someone to do it for me ?

Thanks a ton ahhaa

Old 06-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
KaeZoo

KaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond repute

If all the original equipment is still in place, it should work again once you remove the after-market wiring and re-connect the stock wires. They didn't leave you much wire to work with on the original plug, but it's not cut off flush so it should be do-able.
KaeZoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #5
ffn9

I just did it - it actually didn't take too long and it worked! Damn - I didn't they would be that lazy and not reconnect them.

The sound sounds a bit muddied though - but I think the speakers are all working - maybe I need to try and re-splice them. Thank you KaeZoo