CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 09-22-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
smtroupe

smtroupe is infamous around these parts

Suggestions for two ten inch subs in sealed box

Looking to add some Sq and bass to my trailblazer. There is alot of interesting choices on the market now days so looking for some help. Looking to keep it around 1000 rms on the two subs at 1 ohm. So I need suggestions on one ohm stable amps also. Last mb quarts I had was solid. Trying to keep in under 500.
smtroupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 09-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #2
smtroupe

Anyone tried under pressure audio? They have a 12" for 219 that run 1500 rms

Old 09-24-2017, 04:48 AM   #3
nauc

nauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond repute

id get some Sundowns... http://www.woofersetc.com/c-23-subwo...rand%5B%5D=238
nauc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
Constantine90

Constantine90 has a spectacular aura aboutConstantine90 has a spectacular aura about

I don't see anything about the Under Pressure subwoofer that blows my skirt up.
The Sundown SA subwoofer is a very proven and trusted subwoofer for the same-ish price. (It's usually cheaper)
Constantine90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Incrimintor, DC Audio, American Bass, Soundqubed, Sundown, SSA, NVX and Image Dynamics come to mind as brands I would trust. PPI Ice amps are pretty good budget subwoofer amp.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
smtroupe

Precision Power ICE2600.1D and 2 10" sundowns is what i'm going to go with then. any suggestions on a sealed box for two 10's?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-inch-Dual...AAMXQVERSvdAK? looks pretty legit and should keep it tight. it is the same style i made when i had a 8" sundown.

wait... the 10" sundown e series you posted are dual 2 ohm vc that are 1 ohm stable correct? i couldn't find that information on sundowns sight, amazon, or woofect.

Last edited by smtroupe; 09-24-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #8
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of light

The enclosure you linked is for a ported enclosure.

If you are buying 2 subs get the dual 4 ohm so you can wire down to 1 ohm.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
The enclosure you linked is for a ported enclosure.

If you are buying 2 subs get the dual 4 ohm so you can wire down to 1 ohm.
Not only is it ported, but it's tuned to 42hz. I'd much rather see something tuned closer to 32hz if the OP has decided to go ported.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Not only is it ported, but it's tuned to 42hz. I'd much rather see something tuned closer to 32hz if the OP has decided to go ported.
Exactly. Was waiting for clarification before I went down that road. Port is pretty inefficient aswell.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #11
smtroupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
Exactly. Was waiting for clarification before I went down that road. Port is pretty inefficient aswell.
it was just a random box i found that looked nice clearly i didn't know about the tuning, and yes i know i asked for sealed and posted a ported. i'm kinda between the two was just nervous i would get the sealed and think it is too quiet. any suggestions>?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:08 AM   #12
Jimi77

Ported gets deeper and louder. The price you pay is you generally end up with too much low end, but that works out okay with rap, dance, hip-hop, EDM, etc. Too much low end can muddy up drums and bass guitars. I'm pretty sure the majority of listeners use ported enclosures. Seems like the majority of manufature's enclosures are ported. Beats sells a shytload of headphones too.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
ckeeler11

Generally if you want sound quality then go sealed. If you want SPL go with a ported enclosure. Now I,m not saying that a ported enclosure cant sound good but you would need to have it designed for the particular subs and tuned properly.

No matter when getting an enclosure do not buy the cheap prefabs. they all suck. Ideally an enclosure will be made from 3/4" mdf or Baltic Birch; HAve sufficient bracing; proper tuning and port area for the subs and power you are running.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:40 AM   #14
smtroupe

i agree i will check what some local shops have, you are right i'm thinking as a bass lover but what i really want is sq for rock and metal. so sealed for sure i will check with some local shops and see what they would charge or i have a old man down the street that is a wood worker if i can find a diagram on sundowns website. i been looking at skar, mb qaurt, and a few other subs. i know sundown puts out a good *** product though so i think those tens will be good and plenty loud. any final thoughts before i order the sundowns?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
Jimi77

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtroupe View Post
i agree i will check what some local shops have, you are right i'm thinking as a bass lover but what i really want is sq for rock and metal. so sealed for sure i will check with some local shops and see what they would charge or i have a old man down the street that is a wood worker if i can find a diagram on sundowns website. i been looking at skar, mb qaurt, and a few other subs. i know sundown puts out a good *** product though so i think those tens will be good and plenty loud. any final thoughts before i order the sundowns?
Avoid Skar. I'd probably skip Sundown for a sealed application unless you need a shallow mount sub, in which case the Sundown SD is a great choice.

The SSA Dcon, Image Dynamics ID and IDQ and Incriminator I series are good entry level subs for a sealed application. The Dayton Reference HF and Ultimax are worth mentioning as well. The Dayton Reference is a very clean sounding sub.