CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 09-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #16
GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillio View Post
Would be my pic as well. IF he insists on rear fill, then a compset up front and those in the back.
GM4WALLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #17
JohnBauder

JohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtroupe View Post
also i'm not sure why you would want to leave the back speakers out. for people riding in the front that is fine but for anyone is the back that sounds like it would be really annoying. The set of components you linked are almost double the price as the Image Dynamics ID6 and only run 25 more rms. Am i missing something here?
RMS isn't everything. I have never heard the ID coaxials. I hope they sound great for you.
JohnBauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #18
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of lightckeeler11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I just ordered the ppi black ice amp on walmart.com of all places for 77$ like for real. I have had ppi before and really liked the amp. so far i think the last set of speakers i posted for 69.99 a pair (Image Dynamics ID6) will be plenty at 150 rms and the reviews on all image dynamics products are great. Thanks alot for the help guys i'm going to continue to compare all those speaker choices and probably sleep on it.
My guess is the seller is not an authorized PPI retailer so you will not have a warranty.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #19
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
My guess is the seller is not an authorized PPI retailer so you will not have a warranty.
Good point. I'd pay the extra couple bucks for the warranty.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #20
smtroupe

smtroupe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4WALLS View Post
Would be my pic as well. IF he insists on rear fill, then a compset up front and those in the back.
my trailblazer only has a 3" mounting depth.
smtroupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #21
smtroupe

I'm going to purchase these at end of day tomorrow unless some better suggestions come along. i think 4 of these will be solid for 140.
http://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-spea...-speakers.html

thanks again for all the help guys. talk to you soon when i start looking at subs with a better budget.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:08 AM   #22
smtroupe

Just thought i would add how these speakers are on the top of every list on the first page on google as the "best computer speakers under $100"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...W6DBOCGT7I3KMJ

Old 09-20-2017, 12:54 AM   #23
smtroupe

Well i got them and two in today with the amp, i really wish i would have found 6.5 inch getting holes to line up was a ***** even with the brackets they came with. i only got two in and they were getting pretty distorded at medium loud settings... any suggestions on amp settings?

Old 09-20-2017, 03:20 AM   #24
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well i got them and two in today with the amp, i really wish i would have found 6.5 inch getting holes to line up was a ***** even with the brackets they came with. i only got two in and they were getting pretty distorded at medium loud settings... any suggestions on amp settings?
I'd fix the way they're mounted first. Half-*** mounted speakers will distort at higher volume.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:31 PM   #25
smtroupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
I'd fix the way they're mounted first. Half-*** mounted speakers will distort at higher volume.
Went through pulled all panels back off retaped, remounted made sure all were completely solid. sounds pretty damn good, i sure **** wish i would have known on the stock speaker mount there was a tweeter. i could have went component up front with no new holes.... and i could have went mid's in the back. pretty sad about it but it is what i got for now. any suggestions on tuning? i sent the gain on the fronts around half but still alittle confused on the filters. there is a 10" w3v3 for sale locally for 180, i'm going to try to get it for 120, then pick up a small mono block amp for it. any suggestions on that? thanks for all the help i really do appreciate it.

edit nevermind on that w3 it is older style. So now i'm going to start searching for a 10" sub, vented box, and amp.

edit edit lol: man i wish i had 350 laying around there is a w7 in a nice box i wish i could pick up.

Last edited by smtroupe; 09-20-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:51 PM   #26
smtroupe

well i have been messing with the tuning most of the day and can't get them to sound decent i'm regretting my decision on these 6" speakers and will be looking into returning them. Doesn't seem like they are any louder or clearer then the stock ones i took out. (not talking about bass either just highes mostly without distorting or boarderline clipping.) pretty much meaning the amp was point less and i could have hooked them straight to the after market deck and got the same results. Going to the website right now to ask them about their return policy.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:38 AM   #27
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--295-372

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...m-8-wool-cone/

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...1/2-wool-cone/

The Peerless/Vifa BC25TG15-04 (silk dome)tweeters are excellent for their price. Parts express will have them back in stock in 3 weeks. The XT25SC90-04 (ring radiator) tweeters are about $4ea more, but very good too.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #28
JohnBauder

JohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to all

Quote:
well i have been messing with the tuning most of the day and can't get them to sound decent i'm regretting my decision on these 6" speakers and will be looking into returning them. Doesn't seem like they are any louder or clearer then the stock ones i took out. (not talking about bass either just highes mostly without distorting or boarderline clipping.) pretty much meaning the amp was point less and i could have hooked them straight to the after market deck and got the same results. Going to the website right now to ask them about their return policy.
I just wonder if you had taken the advice about components, would you have been happier?
JohnBauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #29
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBauder View Post
I just wonder if you had taken the advice about components, would you have been happier?
It completely depends on his source unit, crossover/amp settings, doors being deadened, and if the current coaxs like off axis better than on, or vice versa tbh.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #30
Jimi77

Quote:
Clipping is determined by how you set the gains on the amp. I seem to remember that I/we warned you to avoid 3-way co-axial speakers. Those speakers look like they don't even have a crossover. That would cause lots of comb filtering, which tends to sound harsh and combined with that shrill sounding "super tweeter", I'm pretty sure they're difficult to listen to.

You can try the Pioneer TS-D1602R. It's 2-way and appears to have a proper crossover network.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...TS-D1602R.html