CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 12-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #31
emfortafix

emfortafix is on a distinguished road

honestly ive been looking into alternators as i really do like the other ones you linked me to. those tidals really just arent hitting a fancy place in my brain.

IM thinking i might be able to go out of my way to get this done right. i really like those gcon speakers and a new alternator. i know a mechanic who could install the alternator for me, i just need to find an alternator.

i think i really got stuck to those gcons.....
emfortafix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #32
emfortafix

Or maybe running with just one of those gcons instead? I mean it's a small car relatively, and if the speaker is really good, it might be a better option to just go with one for now and then add the second one later?

Edit: been thinking about it for the past hour or two and decided that I would rather go with one high quality sub as opposed to two lower quality subs. So I'm thinking the gcon 12" or something similar or slightly better(whatever)nd match it up with a proper amp and box instead of getting two lesser quality. I don't think my car really needs two 12"s at the moment, and I would rather have one really good sounding sub that's clear and has better range and responsiveness. I mean I want it loud, but I'd rather slightly less loud and much better quality of sound.

What do you think, oh god of sound?!

Last edited by emfortafix; 12-02-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #33
monstermack77

monstermack77 is a glorious beacon of lightmonstermack77 is a glorious beacon of lightmonstermack77 is a glorious beacon of lightmonstermack77 is a glorious beacon of lightmonstermack77 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with the 1 higher quality over the 2 medium quality.
When I put the Obsidian in my car I wasn't prepared for how loud it is. I really can't imagine having 2 of those back there. And in my case I have a trunk to go through. With an xB the subs are in the cabin with you.

A GCON matched to one of those Soundstream amps (the Tarantula or Rubicon are both good bang for the buck) is a pretty decent combo and in the right box could be very loud.

But once you decide on a sub, make sure you leave enough in your budget to get a proper box built for the sub. A poorly designed box won't let the sub sound as it should.
monstermack77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #34
emfortafix

ok so today is the day. i have $440 gathered to get what i can.

I was planning on getting the Gcon 12" unless there is a better recommendation for that price range.

i have not picked out an amp to go with this or any other potential sub i get with this instead, and need to factor in a box apparently as well

i want to order all this by the end of the day(birthday gift to myself!) so the help i get from you guys is greatly appreciated!!

-Em4