CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 07-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #241
Mike H.

Mike H. has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Knuconceptz should be added to one of the lists for install kits...Seems to be a quality wiring kit at a reasonable price and they cater to different cost levels.

Last edited by Mike H.; 07-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 01:46 AM   #242
mmnbvcxzz

mmnbvcxzz is on a distinguished road

I would put Lanzar in the good section
mmnbvcxzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 01:48 AM   #243
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmnbvcxzz View Post
I would put Lanzar in the good section
Old school Lanzar Opti, yes. Current Lanzar, sadly not so much
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #244
DownNDirty63bug

DownNDirty63bug will become famous soon enough

Ssa in the wrong category wtf
DownNDirty63bug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #245
GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownNDirty63bug View Post
Ssa in the wrong category wtf
SSA, and Incriminator build a better product then Sundown.
GM4WALLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #246
TidBit96

TidBit96 is on a distinguished road

After browsin this Original post, I finally discovered why it was missing a few companies as well as including a few that are no more. I agree w/Mike H. bout knukonceptz, they make incredible wire for unbelievably reasonable prices. When I 1st read this list, I failed to notice original post date, Cuz I nearly jumped out my chair for joy when I saw Adire on the list. I had a 15" tempest setup back in HS, then 2 12" shivas a bit later & as far as best bang for buck, I don't think I've come across a subwoofer Company that could match Adire Audio & I wasn't ever financially blessed enough to experience the bramahs. I was sick when I heard they were done...�� as for companies not listed, I'm curious bout SoundQubed as well as a new company from Russia, called Alphard Audio. I'm curious of anyone's thoughts or if anyone has any personal opinions about either of these companies, particularly in regards to their subwoofers, performance & reliability. I'm planning on swapping out my 2 JBL 12"s for 1 mid-grade 15" & I'm on a budget, so I'm trying to figure out what company is going to be my best choice at building a reasonably priced 15" setup that is reliable & produces the best SPL output for the buck. I'm more interested in output than SQ so much with this build. Thanks. & Appreciate the list still.. nice to have as a reference
TidBit96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #247
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidBit96 View Post
After browsin this Original post, I finally discovered why it was missing a few companies as well as including a few that are no more. I agree w/Mike H. bout knukonceptz, they make incredible wire for unbelievably reasonable prices. When I 1st read this list, I failed to notice original post date, Cuz I nearly jumped out my chair for joy when I saw Adire on the list. I had a 15" tempest setup back in HS, then 2 12" shivas a bit later & as far as best bang for buck, I don't think I've come across a subwoofer Company that could match Adire Audio & I wasn't ever financially blessed enough to experience the bramahs. I was sick when I heard they were done...�� as for companies not listed, I'm curious bout SoundQubed as well as a new company from Russia, called Alphard Audio. I'm curious of anyone's thoughts or if anyone has any personal opinions about either of these companies, particularly in regards to their subwoofers, performance & reliability. I'm planning on swapping out my 2 JBL 12"s for 1 mid-grade 15" & I'm on a budget, so I'm trying to figure out what company is going to be my best choice at building a reasonably priced 15" setup that is reliable & produces the best SPL output for the buck. I'm more interested in output than SQ so much with this build. Thanks. & Appreciate the list still.. nice to have as a reference
Soundqubed is solid bang per buck gear. SSA Audio has a number of good niche brand subs in 15" on sale right now for Black Friday.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/black-friday/

Check out SSA Audio's own brand, Incriminator, Soundqubed among others.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #248
duster_do86

duster_do86 is a glorious beacon of lightduster_do86 is a glorious beacon of lightduster_do86 is a glorious beacon of lightduster_do86 is a glorious beacon of lightduster_do86 is a glorious beacon of lightduster_do86 is a glorious beacon of light

Dual has been making pretty big strides with their amps. I'm about to purchase one of their micro amps. I'm stuck between the dual 301l and the 501d. The quality isn't going to be as high as some of the higher end equipment, but their output by the looks of it is getting a lot closer to real world. The 301l is only 5.9"x3"x1.5". It has a claimed output of 150 watts at 4 ohms and 350 watts at 2 ohms. I watched a few youtube videos where they dynod it and it put out like 335rms at 2 ohms. For being an $80 ultra compact amp, that's pretty good. The 501D looks to be a little higher end model. It is rated at 300 watts at 2 ohms and 500 watts at 1 ohm. I haven't seen any dynos on this one. Internals look to be quality as well.
duster_do86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #249
Tony Reed

Tony Reed has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Where does Synergy Audio fall at?
Tony Reed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #250
smarra

smarra is on a distinguished road

Where does Planet Audio rank? (I'm surprised they have not been mentioned)
smarra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #251
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarra View Post
Where does Planet Audio rank? (I'm surprised they have not been mentioned)
At the bottom with Boss. They are terrible.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #252
smarra

smarra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
At the bottom with Boss. They are terrible.
That's disappointing to hear. I'm switching my current setup to Planet Audio products...
smarra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #253
Bigteeboy

Bigteeboy is on a distinguished road

Please do yourself a flavor and look at other brands for your car audio planet audio is trash its a reason why that planet audio is not listed on the good list but look on the bad list and you will see planet audio listed

Last edited by Bigteeboy; 03-06-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Bigteeboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 09:15 PM   #254
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarra View Post
That's disappointing to hear. I'm switching my current setup to Planet Audio products...
Why would you switch to company with crappy products???
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #255
SPL??

SPL?? can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4WALLS View Post
SSA, and Incriminator build a better product then Sundown.
SSA and Incriminator Audio should be on the highest quality list. This list is all messed up 1/5 of the highest quality list donít even belong in this category.

Last edited by SPL??; 03-06-2018 at 10:36 PM.
SPL?? is offline   Reply With Quote