CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #16
drumman8524

drumman8524 is infamous around these partsdrumman8524 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistiksky View Post
http://brandxdistributors.com/index....ndex&cPath=401

May i add the worst website ever....
This website actually has nothing to do with theirs it just has the same name...i thought it was at first too, but their website is

http://brandxaudiovideo.com/

But still their website sucks right now all they have is the catalog that you can click on with all their products...

As i mentioned earlier a friend told me he heard directly from a distributor that they are made by the people that made the old autotek stuff

But still the stuff seems to high priced that i saw on amazon for the amount of wattage you get....
drumman8524 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #17
Rare177

Rare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond reputeRare177 has a reputation beyond repute

if that amp puts out even as close to the amount of power it claims, it would sound like complete sh!t, that's far to cheap for that much power.
Rare177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #18
drumman8524

drumman8524 is infamous around these partsdrumman8524 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare177 View Post
if that amp puts out even as close to the amount of power it claims, it would sound like complete sh!t, that's far to cheap for that much power.
i deffinitely agree with you that amp that is 3000 watts@ 1 ohm that is way to cheap and probably doesnt sound good

These arent the same level of amps that are on amazon..Thats like the cheaper level

The amps that i am talking about that may be decent by Brand X are on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?...lifier&x=0&y=0

The cheapest amp on there is $344

The amp kinda looks like a knockoff of the old soundstream picasso amps that my brother has, but doesn't look as good made

Last edited by drumman8524; 05-11-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #19
09F150Screw

09F150Screw is on a distinguished road

Does it strike anyone else as strange that the only page on their site is the home page and you have to download their catalogs as zip files...SHADY!
09F150Screw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #20
drumman8524

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09F150Screw View Post
Does it strike anyone else as strange that the only page on their site is the home page and you have to download their catalogs as zip files...SHADY!
I found that quite odd too..Either they are shady...or they are too lazy to lay their products out on a webpage

Audiopipe does that too and its completely annoying and too hard to find stuff

I really find it inexcusable that audiopipe does this even though they definitely are not my favorite brand by far, with as large as they are and as many products as they carry to only have clickable catalog pages is just plain ridiculous

Last edited by drumman8524; 05-11-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #21
taro619

taro619 is on a distinguished road

It actually works!!!

I ordered the XFL-SQ3000X1D, the 3300 watt RMS at 1 ohm amp, and it actually puts out. Doesnt get hot, is very heavy, very quiet, and actually puts out the rated RMS. the day i got it, i put it onto my dads memphis audio M3 10. Its 1000 watts RMS and 2000 watts peak. I wired it to 1 Ohm, and blew it. Still owe my dad a new speaker. May give him my old Lanzar amp lol. The speaker is still playable, but when it gets to the higher notes, you can tell its blown. Speaker is still going strong, so i cant complain. But the amp does do rated power. Had it hooked up to my new FI BL15 the other day. Wired it to 1 OHM, and turned the gain about halfway, mabye a little less. But anywhay, it was flexing more than my friends BL. And he has a AQ-1200 i believe. Cant remeber. Its an AQ tho. Anywhay, this amp is actually very good quality. Its strapable, comes with all the necessary cables and bass remote ( which is not frendly for people with big hands.) if i needed another amp, i would buy another one of these amps. It may seem a little cheap for the amp, but it actually puts out the power it says. It never gets hot, i have a battery in my trunk, with a 250 amp ALT, with big 3 and 0 gauge wire all around, and i never drop below 13.7 volts. I like this amp, but it all falls back on what you want.
taro619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #22
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Holy 4 year old thread revivals Batman!

Thanks for sharing?
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #23
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
Holy 4 year old thread revivals Batman!

Thanks for sharing?
To the bat cave we go robin.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #24
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taro619 View Post
I ordered the XFL-SQ3000X1D, the 3300 watt RMS at 1 ohm amp, and it actually puts out. Doesnt get hot, is very heavy, very quiet, and actually puts out the rated RMS. the day i got it, i put it onto my dads memphis audio M3 10. Its 1000 watts RMS and 2000 watts peak. I wired it to 1 Ohm, and blew it. Still owe my dad a new speaker. May give him my old Lanzar amp lol. The speaker is still playable, but when it gets to the higher notes, you can tell its blown. Speaker is still going strong, so i cant complain. But the amp does do rated power. Had it hooked up to my new FI BL15 the other day. Wired it to 1 OHM, and turned the gain about halfway, mabye a little less. But anywhay, it was flexing more than my friends BL. And he has a AQ-1200 i believe. Cant remeber. Its an AQ tho. Anywhay, this amp is actually very good quality. Its strapable, comes with all the necessary cables and bass remote ( which is not frendly for people with big hands.) if i needed another amp, i would buy another one of these amps. It may seem a little cheap for the amp, but it actually puts out the power it says. It never gets hot, i have a battery in my trunk, with a 250 amp ALT, with big 3 and 0 gauge wire all around, and i never drop below 13.7 volts. I like this amp, but it all falls back on what you want.
Did you measure output with a clamp meter? With 90A of fusing onboard, how much do you think you are getting?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:48 AM   #25
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
Did you measure output with a clamp meter? With 90A of fusing onboard, how much do you think you are getting?
3000wrms easy. 12x90 = ~1000 watts input power x 300% efficiency and the amp should be right in the 3000wrms range. That 4 awg 12vdc+ input isn't a problem either.

Last edited by Jimi77; 07-25-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
CarAudioNub

CarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond reputeCarAudioNub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
3000wrms easy. 12x90 = ~1000 watts input power x 300% efficiency and the amp should be right in the 3000wrms range. That 4 awg 12vdc+ input isn't a problem either.
LOL
CarAudioNub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #27
Clendinen

Clendinen is on a distinguished road

Anybody got a schematic? Manual?

Hey Drummond or anybody who has some tech Data!

I got my buds Brand X XXL-w800.4D. Partially apart on my bench. When he hooked up in his boat he got sparks. ^0 amp fuse was not blown. I finally got it open and let out the smoke. Real difficult to get disassembled /accessed and a lot of extra knurled bolts that do nothing but provide some aesthetics.

Any info is welcome!

Thanks,
Clendinen
Clendinen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2016, 11:37 PM   #28
GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond repute

The thread that won't die!!!
GM4WALLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2016, 02:52 AM   #29
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Holy thread necro Batman!

Old 03-12-2016, 03:10 AM   #30
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

bassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond repute

wtf? this forum used to be great. now its bunk.. wish we could get more people here..
bassfreak is offline   Reply With Quote