CarAudioForum.com

Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
Mike H.

Mike H. has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Helping out a friend.

A friend is wanting to switch from a 2 channel amp to a mono amp to power 2 Pioneer championship 10" subs..He has the subs in a less than adequate bandpass box thats missing the front plexi cover and parts of the box coming apart..Hes agreed upon getting a new box but for now wants to wire up the mono amp.

The way the subs/box is wired now is for using a 2 channel amp..left side to +/- terminal and right side to +/- terminal.

My question is; Would i wire the subs in parallel for mono amp use?..He wants both being pushed by the one amp.

And any advice on a proper box for the pioneers?...its going in the trunk of an 05 Impala with LOTS of room.

Last edited by Mike H.; 06-19-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 AM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
A friend is wanting to switch from a 2 channel amp to a mono amp to power 2 Pioneer championship 10" subs..He has the subs in a less than adequate bandpass box thats missing the front plexi cover and parts of the box coming apart..Hes agreed upon getting a new box but for now wants to wire up the mono amp.

The way the subs/box is wired now is for using a 2 channel amp..left side to +/- terminal and right side to +/- terminal.

My question is; Would i wire the subs in parallel for mono amp use?..He wants both being pushed by the one amp.

And any advice on a proper box for the pioneers?...its going in the trunk of an 05 Impala with LOTS of room.
Why not just bridge the 2 channel amp, which in essence makes it a mono amp.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
Mike H.

Mike H. has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It doesnt indicate that its bridgeable anywhere on the amp and the mono amp is rated more power . Hes looking for more anyways.

I did look into running parallel and the mono amp is 2 ohm capable so were going to try that route and see how it works..his subs are 4 ohm so it should end up a 2 ohm load run in parallel.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

If the subs are 2ohm DVC, then he needs a 2 ohm amp, if they're 4 ohm DVC, then he needs a 1 ohm amp.

I'd put them in ~1cuft tuned ~35-40hz. If he can sell those subs and get some better subs that would be the best option.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote