Go Back > Manufacturer's Forums > Product Specific > Pioneer

Old 01-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

coreya1 is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Pioneer AVH-201EX Strange Behavior

Hey guys!

Hoping you can help me out with a problem I cannot seem to solve. I ordered a Pioneer AVH-201EX and installed it last weekend myself. Admittedly, this was my first time installing a car radio, but the instructions seemed clear and I think I got it all in correctly. I purposefully have not connected the Parking Brake wire yet. My bypass for that should be coming in this week and I plan to hook that up then.

However, after cruising around and using it a while, I noticed a problem. The headunit would shut off and immediately power back up. I thought it was random at first, but I think I finally noticed a pattern with it. Here's the strange part: It only happens while I have my iPhone plugged into the USB port and it happens once every (I think) three minutes. Weird, right?

I don't think it's a wiring issue because it doesn't discriminate between when the car is driving or standing still (so no wire movement). I have absolutely no idea what might be causing this problem. Any ideas?

UPDATE: After some more experimenting, I discovered that the radio only restarts while my iPhone X is plugged in and the radio is making use of playing its music through the USB cable. It does not restart if it is plugged in and playing through Bluetooth. Additionally, the radio will not restart with my iPad plugged in and playing music. Just my iPhone X. My next step is to find another phone and see if that makes it restart as well.

Last edited by coreya1; 01-12-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: More information
coreya1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #2

jantsramirez is on a distinguished road

Did you find a solution? I'm in same situation, mine powers off every 12 minutes (like clockwork) with Iphone 6 and Iphone 7. Replaced the Receiver with a new one and does the same thing.
jantsramirez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #3

coreya1 is on a distinguished road

I did not. I narrowed it down to being a problem with the phone and not the receiver unit. I got my friend to try her iPhone X with the unit and no problems came up.

So Iím glad Iím not the only one experiencing this problem, but I donít have any solutions for you. Let me know if you find anything out!
coreya1 is offline   Reply With Quote

pioneer, problem, radio, shuts off, usb