CarAudioForum.com

Old 07-14-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Lee

Administrator

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

New Members: FAQs

Always a good place to start before asking questions that someone has probably already asked is the Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Duct Tape; 12-19-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: fixed the link
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 07-16-2002, 04:53 AM   #2
roush2k

roush2k will become famous soon enough

What a great resource! I am a noob and have been reading this forum for the past couple of weeks. This forum is rich with information and knowledgeable people. You and the contributors have made it very convenient to find some very vital info.

Your efforts are very much appreciated.

ð kev

Sweet - finally found out what SPL stands for!!
roush2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2002, 03:57 PM   #3
WeRd2UrMuDdEr

WeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond reputeWeRd2UrMuDdEr has a reputation beyond repute

good job lee, i didn't read it all, but it looks to be very informative, and i think it will cut down on a lot of the same questions that are always asked.....
although we will never get away from those people who are too lazy to do their own research....oh well.
WeRd2UrMuDdEr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2002, 07:42 PM   #4
jeffs1122

i rule

jeffs1122 has a spectacular aura aboutjeffs1122 has a spectacular aura about

im gonna use the thing on how to build a sealed box.
jeffs1122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2002, 04:08 AM   #5
SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear will become famous soon enough

Suggestion

One thing I couldn't find that would be very helpful: A section with links to all known car audio manufacturer sites. IE, Adireaudio.com, respl.com, etc. so people can research specific brands a little better
SmokeyTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #6
kyleday

kyleday will become famous soon enough

I think we ought to have a collaboration put together by several advanced members, say Warbleed, Lee, Mr. Bentwench, Regal, Michael P (maybe more) of different "Brand name" categories. Say Super High end, then list brands that are Affordable high end, then middle range, then top of the low end brands, and entry level brands... just to sort things out for newbies so they don't have to ask "is this company good or not"

Kyle
kyleday is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2002, 01:30 AM   #7
BeyondAudioRep

BeyondAudioRep is on a distinguished road

i dont think having a listing like that would be good. only bcuz of this no company should be referred to as they suck or there the best. cuz if u think about it how do u know what u think is the best is the best for sumone else. each company made there products for certian applications. Just bcuz one company only sells entry level products doesnt mean it sux. And a company that only sells Super high end products doesnt make it the best. Take DD for instance. There 9500 series subs will kill the rf power hx2 subs and dd sells for cheaper. this might be the wrong place to post this but i will copy and post it in the gemeral area too.
BeyondAudioRep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2002, 08:09 AM   #8
kyleday

kyleday will become famous soon enough

well in that case we could be more specific... certain companies made products for SPL, and others for SQ, so we could clarify what they make best, worst, etc.

kyle
kyleday is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2002, 11:08 PM   #9
rdbxrider

rdbxrider will become famous soon enough

i agree with kyle. I know there are differences of opinion in every company. BUT give newbies a starting place of somekind. Alot of companies have some kind of general reputation whether good or bad.

Example:
I would take a guess to say that most people would agree that focal is not a low end, entry level componant compay.
rdbxrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2002, 12:55 AM   #10
tsiroto

tsiroto will become famous soon enough

Lee I think it's time to make some corrections to your faq. Here, these are some letters u shouldn't be having in your keyboard so you can copy and paste them for instance to the capacitors section and instead of writing uF u can write F which is proper.
tsiroto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2002, 08:58 PM   #11
JUANSR1

Krako audio DB drag pro

JUANSR1 will become famous soon enough

just be happy you have this information available to you.

Quote:
Originally posted by tsiroto
Lee I think it's time to make some corrections to your faq. Here, these are some letters u shouldn't be having in your keyboard so you can copy and paste them for instance to the capacitors section and instead of writing uF u can write F which is proper.

just print this information if you need it!
no need for any alterations
JUANSR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2002, 03:46 AM   #12
FrankieO3125

FrankieO3125 is on a distinguished road

Completely Confused

I've just recently been getting into car audio systems. one thing i don't want, is my setup to sound completely muffled (like many amateurs do to their cars) and make my car sound like a coffee pot from the outside(or in). I stepped inside my friend's car the other night, his sound was AMAZING. I was in a complete pool of audio heaven, every little sound was noticable, high, low, mid, everything! So crisp and warm. Anyway, he had MB Quart speakers and an Alpine deck he told me. I was looking to buy MB Quart speakers and such online (at www.onlinecarstereo.com) but i came accross something that confused me. There was an option to buy either "Speakers" or "Component Speakers". What's the difference? I don't know too much about Xovers either(which i think is what comes with the set when you buy component speakers). Would anyone please help me? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by FrankieO3125; 10-12-2002 at 04:06 AM.
FrankieO3125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2002, 08:51 PM   #13
ptownTSI

Master P

ptownTSI is on a distinguished road

component speakers are what you want...try www.cbrstereo.com for your mb quarts and amps and alpine decks. then decide on what subs you want...if you cant decide get an adire audi brahma 12" or a 12" idmax.
ptownTSI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2002, 04:49 PM   #14
Fryguy

BRILLIANT

Fryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant futureFryguy has a brilliant future

Component speakers have the tweeter separate from the midrange, and they use a crossover to control them . These sound better if properly installed, as the crossover is higher quality than what is on the normal speakers, and being able to place the tweeter is a big plus.

However, if you can't get good placement of your tweeter, then normal speakers (coaxials) may be a better choice for you.
Fryguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2003, 06:53 PM   #15
Altec88

Location: UP Michigan, Sasquatch's are REAL, stop denying it.
Altec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond reputeAltec88 has a reputation beyond repute

How do I post a poll?

Someone please tell me how to post a poll?
Altec88 is offline   Reply With Quote