CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 12-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
toeknee

toeknee is on a distinguished road

New here with questions.

Good day all, need some advice. Just purchased a dual non ported 10in sub enclosure for my 2014 crew cab ram with cadence s1w10-d2 dvc2ohm subs. Now when music hits really low bass the subs dont sound that great as they do when it hits somewhat higher bass if that makes sense. I don't know the box dimensions, but can only assume the box is too small for the subs. I have come across some info on filling the box with polyfill to help out with that, and if true how much??????
Thank u all.
toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeknee View Post
Good day all, need some advice. Just purchased a dual non ported 10in sub enclosure for my 2014 crew cab ram with cadence s1w10-d2 dvc2ohm subs. Now when music hits really low bass the subs dont sound that great as they do when it hits somewhat higher bass if that makes sense. I don't know the box dimensions, but can only assume the box is too small for the subs. I have come across some info on filling the box with polyfill to help out with that, and if true how much??????
Thank u all.
A good start would be to figure out internal dimensions for the enclosure you have, compare against manufacturer's spec:

http://cadencesound.com/content/S1W10-D2.pdf

Polyfill will improve things if the enclosure is on the "slightly small" side, but won't fix a box that is extremely small. Cadence recommends ported for that sub, so sealed output will be a fair bit less.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

http://cadencesound.com/content/S1-10-D2-D4.pdf

^^ this has sealed specs (1.8 cubic feet for a pair)
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #4
toeknee

awesome thank u sir

Old 12-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the box ported or sealed?
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
toeknee

It is a Sealed enclosure

Old 12-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #7
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd guess your enclosure is a little small for those subs, so experimenting with polyfil is a good idea. If that doesn't cut it, you may have to look at subs better suited to the enclosure and maybe a more powerful amp.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #8
toeknee

Thank u sir will check it out.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:04 AM   #9
toeknee

How much polyfill should I stuff in the box???????

Old 12-09-2016, 07:11 AM   #10
Jimi77

Quote:
How much polyfill should I stuff in the box???????
1 pound of polyfil per cuft seems to work the best.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:58 AM   #11
SPL_Krayzie112

SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thank u all.
Sound deadening or properly porting the box will help.
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2016, 05:10 AM   #12
Jimi77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL_Krayzie112 View Post
Sound deadening or properly porting the box will help.
Porting a box that we suspect is already too small sealed will help how????

Old 01-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #13
toeknee

Good day gentlemen, after much polyfill and usage of my system still not pleased with the end result. So thinking bout changing boxes. Found this one
http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...=DQC%2D210%2DV

Question will the subs I currently have work fine with this enclosure??????

Last edited by toeknee; 01-09-2017 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Another question

Old 01-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #14
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a jewel in the roughckeeler11 is a jewel in the roughckeeler11 is a jewel in the roughckeeler11 is a jewel in the rough

looks like the volume will be okay I would be leary of the port. first off its rear facing and you will need to make sure that it is not obstructed in any way. Also what is the port area and tuning?
ckeeler11 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #15
toeknee

Sorry not very familiar with all of this. How would I find the port area and the tuning I guess I would take it to a shop. Thank u sir