CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > UseNet Gateway > F.A.Q. > New Questions

Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
Dicko101

Dicko101 is on a distinguished road

Can identify head unit plugs

Hi everyone, new here, I have just picked up a 7" touch screen head unit that doesn't have a brand or model on it anywhere, just some cheap Chinese thing I guess, I'm trying to find a harness for it so I can use it but I can't seem to find the right one. Not sure how to add a picture so I'll try to describe the sockets, the socket for the power, speakers, etc, all just wires, no rca or av plugs, is a 20 pin socket (10*2) the 2 rows of 10 are divided and the top row is divided into 5 and 5,the opening is approximately 30mm by 10mm
Code:
               __                  
 _____________|__|_____________    
|              |               |   
|         |          |   
|______________|_______________|   
|                              |   
|                    |   
|______________________________|
There is also an av socket, its about 25mm by 12mm and has 16 pins, this plug connects 18 assorted av/rca plugs.
Code:
|                        |         
|________________|
I hope my text art works, if someone can point me towards the correct harnesses I would be very grateful, otherwise if someone can help me upload a couple of pictures of the unit that might help.

Last edited by Dicko101; 11-06-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Dicko101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 11-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko101 View Post
Hi everyone, new here, I have just picked up a 7" touch screen head unit that doesn't have a brand or model on it anywhere, just some cheap Chinese thing I guess, I'm trying to find a harness for it so I can use it but I can't seem to find the right one. Not sure how to add a picture so I'll try to describe the sockets, the socket for the power, speakers, etc, all just wires, no rca or av plugs, is a 20 pin socket (10*2) the 2 rows of 10 are divided and the top row is divided into 5 and 5,the opening is approximately 30mm by 10mm
Code:
               __                  
 _____________|__|_____________    
|              |               |   
|         |          |   
|______________|_______________|   
|                              |   
|                    |   
|______________________________|
There is also an av socket, its about 25mm by 12mm and has 16 pins, this plug connects 18 assorted av/rca plugs.
Code:
|                        |         
|________________|
I hope my text art works, if someone can point me towards the correct harnesses I would be very grateful, otherwise if someone can help me upload a couple of pictures of the unit that might help.
I would say post in the General section, but you probably won't get any hits there either- harnesses and plugs tend to be proprietary to each brand, so you'll be limited to whatever help the manufacturer sees fit to offer.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
Dicko101

Dicko101 is on a distinguished road

Thanks basicxj, I'll post there, any help I can get would be good anyway.
Dicko101 is offline   Reply With Quote