CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Lee

Administrator

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Subject Form

I think I would would like to see a concise and informative subject line in each thread here. I think it should read something like: Mike's 86 300z Build, or 1986 Nissan 300z, etc.

I think in the course of time, people would prefer to be able to scan the threads list for what interests them, not have to click a link just to see what the build is about.

I'll leave this sticky for a while for comments, then we'll define the guidelines that seem to make sense.

What do you guys think?

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
bender24k

bender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to all

Good idea, sometimes thread titles are a bit too generic.

My suggestions below, but you wouldn't need every one in every thread title. Pick and choose the ones that fit.

Your name
Your car
Your location
Your system goal
Your brand(s)

Here is a fantastically bad title example:

Bender's NY 93 240SX Convertible "I can't hear my radio over the turbo exhaust" Clarion / Kicker Build.

Last edited by bender24k; 03-12-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: sarcasm clarity!
bender24k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender24k View Post
Good idea, sometimes thread titles are a bit too generic.

My suggestions below, but you wouldn't need every one in every thread title. Pick and choose the ones that fit.

Your name
Your car
Your location
Your system goal
Your brand(s)

Here is a fantastic title example:

Bender's NY 93 240SX Convertible "I can't hear my radio over the turbo exhaust" Clarion / Kicker Build.

System goals, location, etc can be covered in the thread. I agree with Lee, concise as possible. Even you name isn't necessary since we'll know who did the build when we click the link. Name might be necessary if you're a professional builder.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Reeseman

Reeseman will become famous soon enoughReeseman will become famous soon enough

I like this idea as well
Reeseman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
nookiemrsmith

nookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to behold

I definitely think the vehicle should be in the title to help people find specific builds that may be the same as their car for help.
nookiemrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
only126db

Banned

only126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookiemrsmith View Post
I definitely think the vehicle should be in the title to help people find specific builds that may be the same as their car for help.
yes i believe the titles should read like this:

2012 Corvette ZR1 Build Log by only126db
only126db is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
nookiemrsmith

nookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to beholdnookiemrsmith is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by only126db View Post
yes i believe the titles should read like this:

Perfect...
nookiemrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
bender24k

bender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to allbender24k is a name known to all

Some builds might not involve a car....yet. For example, Reeseman is building an enclosure.

I think the basic point is to include enough in the title so readers do not have to click into the post to see what you are doing.

bender24k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
only126db

Banned

only126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond reputeonly126db has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender24k View Post
Some builds might not involve a car....yet. For example, Reeseman is building an enclosure.

I think the basic point is to include enough in the title so readers do not have to click into the post to see what you are doing.

GZPW18SPL Enclosure Build Log by only126db

Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
sandt38

Associate

Location: So, how's that HOPE and CHANGE $hit workin out for ya?
sandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond repute

I stuck this, Lee. Not much sense in a thread like this if it is on the bottom of the forum.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
only126db

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38 View Post
I stuck this, Lee. Not much sense in a thread like this if it is on the bottom of the forum.
Daddy look what I did.... LOL

Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by only126db View Post
Definitely need pics!
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #13
only126db

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
Definitely need pics!
come on now....

if i had a vette you think i would be on here?

i would be in jail or the hospital LOL

Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #14
sandt38

Associate

Location: So, how's that HOPE and CHANGE $hit workin out for ya?
sandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
Definitely need pics!
He doesn't have a job and his wife runs around on him. Do you honestly believe he owns a ZR1?
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38 View Post
He doesn't have a job and his wife runs around on him. Do you honestly believe he owns a ZR1?
Nope...pretty sure I don't have one either .
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote