CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Articles > Articles: New Products

Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
deviumllc

deviumllc is on a distinguished road

Dash - The Smart Phone Car Stereo

I just launched Dash on kickstarter.com aiming to replace the limited functionality of your automobile’s in-dash stereo system with the navigation capabilities, music functionality, numerous applications, video capability, and processing power of your smart phone. The product, DEVIUM Dash, wholly replaces your current in-dash head-unit providing you all of the functionality of your smart phone right in your dashboard.

You can find out more about DEVIUM and Dash at our website: http://www.devium.us/

Visit DEVIUM’s Kickstarter page to get involved at the ground-level (you can reserve yourself a DEVIUM Dash for only $250!).

If you have questions please let me know. If I have abused your forum's code of conduct by posting this here please let me know and I will remove. I am just very excited and want to get the word out. I appreciate your time!
deviumllc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a cool concept .

I wish you luck.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
c0reyl

c0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these partsc0reyl is infamous around these parts

seems kind of useless when they already have the pioneer appradio 2 though, unless your price is agressive enough (AKA $150 or less)

But honestly, when android USB audio picks up, I'm going to promote it to no end, and I'm planning on building the first fabricated android tablet in my dash hooked up to a high end USB DAC and a line driver split into 6 RCA for my 4 channel component and subs, and then make a line input, a usb port for the tablet, two SD card readers, a volume knob and a couple of buttons like power source select, and then a switch to redirect the USB dac from the android tablet itself to basically turn the DAC into a USB sound card for a laptop. (this is EXTREMELY useful for pro audio competition setups for promotions because someone could easily hook up a laptop and a USB mix deck and have well known DJ's mix at events sponsoring the vehicle)

I don't mean to rain on your parade at all, but IMO a purpose built 7" tablet integrated like that with a high end USB DAC is the way to go. Let me know what you think about my ideas

Edit:

Wait, the pre amp looks extroadinarly promising on that. How high quality is the pre amp on that vs say, a $100 purpose built USB DAC?

And will the usb port on the back allow a laptop to use it as a sound card and will it work with an android tablet? If the pre amp is good enough and it has legitimate USB audio, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Sorry I didn't realize about the faceplate. That thing is awesome!

One more thing:

Quote:
the magnets harm my phone?We have performed extensive testing and our results show that the magnets will not harm your devices.

Modern CPUs, memory, and display technology are not affected the way older versions were. Good examples of this improvement on previous generation’s technology are screens that used Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT). They relied on magnets to focus photons onto the screen and were susceptible to small scale magnetic interference. CRTs were replaced by Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD). LCDs are powered by Light-emitting diodes (LED) and are not susceptible to degradation by Dash’s magnets
LCD's are powered by nothing more than voltage. An LCD basically uses votlage to change the structure of crystals which are basically pigmented red, green, or blue for each sub pixel which changes the opacity level independantly for each sub pixel. What powers the BACKLIGHT in many "LED displays" can be LED. Many LCD displays use CCFL's with a light difusing panel to evenly spread the light, and shining the light through the LCD panels is why they glow the way they do. The LCD's do nothing more than block the light. That's right, the same technology that makes a crappy $1 calculator screen have black digits is how your LCD monitor works, except there are a few million LCD crystals instead of just a few, and the pigment is red, green, or blue instead of black and much more complex cicuitry to control.

Feel free to ignore that last part by the way since the only education I have is barely getting my high school diploma (1.2 overall GPA)

Last edited by c0reyl; 10-12-2012 at 08:12 AM.
c0reyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
BLuERuMM

BLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to behold

I want a head unit, that is simply a touchscreen, that hooks up to the micro-USB + micro-HDMI out on my phone... just like this laptop docking station I use sometimes, just isn't a touch screen. (http://www.amazon.com/AT-Laptop-Dock.../dp/B004M17D62) mine is modified to accept any phone (just dis-assemble the dock lol)
BLuERuMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
4bannger

4bannger is an unknown quantity at this point

pretty cool idea but some people switch phones more than underwear and this would create alot of problems
4bannger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
pontiacfieroguy

pontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond reputepontiacfieroguy has a reputation beyond repute

that's really nifty
pontiacfieroguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
BLuERuMM

BLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to behold

As long as micro USB/HDMI don't fade out it wouldn't pose any problem, it would simply be a touchscreen, all the processing power, software, etc.. would be on the phone.

For example: I bought a Motorola Atrix 'Laptop Docking' station, by simply dis-assembling the dock part so i can arrange the usb/hdmi any way i want, any droid phone with micro USB/HDMI out can hook up to it.

*EDIT* I assumed you were replying to my post 4bannger, if you were referring to the OP, my bad.
BLuERuMM is offline   Reply With Quote