CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Lee

Administrator

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Video While Driving

Creating a sticky thread for e-brake bypass solutions, and others, to allow the viewing of video while in motion (or not in park).

Note: In many states it is against the law to have a functional video monitor within view of the driver; use the follow tips at your own discretion.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Lee

Administrator

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Jensen Override

Applies to most recent Jensen models:

This code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the Jensen video headunits.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done.

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

FAQ:

Q: Do you still ground the ebrake to the ground wire?
A: You can, but you don't have to, if you do the switch method, you'll have to ground it temporarily, at which point you can choose to keep it grounded if you have have to redo the switch method to re-input the code.

Essentially, once the code is input successfully and the blue screen disabled, the ebrake wire is useless
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
97Monte

97Monte has a spectacular aura about97Monte has a spectacular aura about

or go to settings go to language and hit 5 4 3 2 1 0 and the hidden menu comes up.
97Monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #4
mattison187

mattison187 is a jewel in the roughmattison187 is a jewel in the roughmattison187 is a jewel in the roughmattison187 is a jewel in the rough

why not just ground the ebrake wire and put a toggle in it? ive done it to like 6 different decks and it works great. just flip the switch starting with it on go (off,on,off,on) quickly and vwahla!
mattison187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
sun622

sun622 is a jewel in the roughsun622 is a jewel in the roughsun622 is a jewel in the roughsun622 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattison187 View Post
why not just ground the ebrake wire and put a toggle in it? ive done it to like 6 different decks and it works great. just flip the switch starting with it on go (off,on,off,on) quickly and vwahla!
Mine has a brown wire called brake inside. So I just connect this to a switch and the other terminal to ground and do it like you said with the sequence ending with on? OR just hook it to what wire in my brake system?
sun622 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
sentrand

sentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of lightsentrand is a glorious beacon of light

i grounded mine to a seat bolt. works fine.
sentrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
Stevec18

Stevec18 is just really niceStevec18 is just really niceStevec18 is just really niceStevec18 is just really niceStevec18 is just really nice

What i did for my Pioneer IVA model is buy an On/Off switch from radio shack,hooked it up to the e-brake sensor cable from the head unit and the other end to a ground in my car. i flip it on and then off and it tricks my head unit every time so far no problems.
Stevec18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
negreac

negreac is just really nicenegreac is just really nicenegreac is just really nicenegreac is just really nice

Do you have to redo this everytime you disconnect your battery?
negreac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
drivingbackward

drivingbackward is just really nicedrivingbackward is just really nicedrivingbackward is just really nicedrivingbackward is just really nice

I think that the best option is always to install a toggle switch because such is the signal the receiver needs to "sense" in order to work.

It is better to trick the receiver from outside than to change its inside settings.

Anyway, I guess that the TV option should be used with a setting of sending the video to the headrest screens or similar while the front screen in the dash should be showing the GPS map or any screen for radio and/or similar. The manufacturers might help the customers' needs by improving all their devices this way.
drivingbackward is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
FordSS

FordSS is just really niceFordSS is just really niceFordSS is just really niceFordSS is just really nice

What about a 12v Relay for the Ebrake bypass?

I've read, using a 4-pole 12V relay,Blue to relay terminal marked 86,green to relay terminal 87, then with a black wire run terminals 30 and 85 to a good chassis ground.

Heard this works great and its like an automatic version of the toggle switch.

True or Fales?
FordSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 AM   #11
lincoln8

Banned

Location: Over 10,000 insightful posts. Fukk lee and his turning off the post count in WOT, n1gger.
lincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Creating a sticky thread for e-brake bypass solutions, and others, to allow the viewing of video while in motion (or not in park).

Note: In many states it is against the law to have a functional video monitor within view of the driver; use the follow tips at your own discretion.
lincoln8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
GoHawks

GoHawks has a spectacular aura aboutGoHawks has a spectacular aura aboutGoHawks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Applies to most recent Jensen models:

This code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the Jensen video headunits.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done.

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

FAQ:

Q: Do you still ground the ebrake to the ground wire?
A: You can, but you don't have to, if you do the switch method, you'll have to ground it temporarily, at which point you can choose to keep it grounded if you have have to redo the switch method to re-input the code.

Essentially, once the code is input successfully and the blue screen disabled, the ebrake wire is useless
Anyone know how to do this for the Jensen VM9424? This doesn't work for it.

Or does anyone know if the 4 pin relay will work with this? I have that setup on my pioneer in my other car, but not sure if it will work on the Jensen, and have come up completely empty while searching for a new code like this for it.

Thanks!
GoHawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
myearshurt

myearshurt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordSS View Post
I've read, using a 4-pole 12V relay,Blue to relay terminal marked 86,green to relay terminal 87, then with a black wire run terminals 30 and 85 to a good chassis ground.

Heard this works great and its like an automatic version of the toggle switch.

True or Fales?

First time I've heard of such a claim. Hmm, worth looking in to.
myearshurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
rocker_topper

rocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentrand View Post
i grounded mine to a seat bolt. works fine.
which is why youll never work on anything that belongs to me lol
rocker_topper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #15
rocker_topper

rocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myearshurt View Post
First time I've heard of such a claim. Hmm, worth looking in to.
This will work with units that the toggle switch method works with. Only thing is that there is a slightly annoying clicking sound in your dash from the relay when you do this but its something you could live with im sure.
rocker_topper is offline   Reply With Quote