CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #226
Ed_techronics

Ed_techronics is infamous around these partsEd_techronics is infamous around these parts

removed apologize

Last edited by Ed_techronics; 10-07-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Ed_techronics is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #227
BWG

BWG has a spectacular aura aboutBWG has a spectacular aura about

Why aren't more people posting pictures in this thread? I looked at a few, but many links in the op list contain nothing and need pruned.
BWG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2015, 02:34 AM   #228
MOSFET

MOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond repute

dvplicate. ignore.

Last edited by MOSFET; 10-09-2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: dvplicate
MOSFET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2015, 02:41 AM   #229
MOSFET

MOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond reputeMOSFET has a reputation beyond repute

dvlicate. Ignore.

Last edited by MOSFET; 10-09-2015 at 04:55 PM. Reason: dvplicate

Old 02-25-2015, 02:43 AM   #230
MOSFET

I keep getting redirected, but here goes one more time...

My last ride:

MOSFET'S 1999 Subaru Forrester
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/235969...baru-forester/

HERE IS MY CURRENT RIDE. I bought EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING short of speaker wire, ONE 9 foot interconnect designed for RGB video (I just don't use the red), and fuses, ALL ON Craig's LIST. A grand total of $340, everything I bovght worked PERFECTLY:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408322...mazda-protege/

For being DRASTICALLY the cheapest system I ever built (I don't EVER remember buying an Alpine HU for less than $300), it is one of the best sovnding systems I have ever bvilt, and I believe it's actvally THE best sovnding system I have ever bvilt, or have ever owned.

MOSFET

Last edited by MOSFET; 10-09-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #231
diceen

diceen is just really nicediceen is just really nicediceen is just really nicediceen is just really nice

My System

I wanted to share my setup, because it's the best I've ever had.

Behind my subwoofer, a Rockford Fosgate T800-4AD powering 4 Kicker KS 6.5 components and one 8-inch Rockford Fosgate Punch PPS4-8.

The little Kicker CX600.1 sits off to the side, powering my sub with 675 Watts RMS. Can't go any higher, my alternator couldn't take it.

This bare metal plate serves as an excellent grounding spot. 8th Gen Civic Si owners take note. You can only see the fuse for the Rockford amp. The fuse to the Kicker is behind a carpet panel, as is the distribution block.

Pioneer Avic 5100NEX. Does everything I want it to, though I definitely would have preferred the pricier Kenwood Excelon.

These are my three rear deck speakers. Having no sawzall or jigsaw, I hacked together an MDF baffle decent enough, but you can see where I used dynamat to completely seal my too-wide inner diameter. Terrible picture, but I'm including it anyway.

Liberal trunk dynamat. Big difference in sound inside the car. Terrible buzzing outside the car remains mostly unchanged.

The crown jewel, a Sundown SA-12 in a ported box tuned to 36Hz, 1.7 net cubic feet. Yes, that is a prefab box. Yes, I plan to start building my own.

This single sub blew away my brother's dual Sony Xplods at identical wattage last weekend. It was no contest. Louder, just as accurate, and way, way deeper. This system is equally at home playing bass-heavy electronic as it is classic rock or 90's rock.
The mids and highs stand their ground against the sub bass onslaught. Very well rounded from beginning to end.
diceen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2016, 12:12 AM   #232
firebirdude

firebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of light

..... the main fuse should be within 18" of the battery...
firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2016, 12:14 AM   #233
firebirdude

firebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of lightfirebirdude is a glorious beacon of light

As for the trunk vibrations, you need to source out the offending panels and wedge something between them. Yes, that may mean that you have to remove some dynamat to get to it, then restick it. Play some bass, get your *** out there and listen to where the buzzing is coming from.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:19 AM   #234
diceen

diceen is just really nicediceen is just really nicediceen is just really nicediceen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdude View Post
..... the main fuse should be within 18" of the battery...
I have a main fuse within 18" of the battery. Coming off the distribution block, I have two more fuses, one for each amp, within 18" of the distribution block. You can see one of these in the pics (the Kicker). The other is behind a carpet panel.

Last edited by diceen; 01-19-2016 at 12:54 AM.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #235
firebirdude

Ok. Odd you'd use an inline fuse on an install like this in that situation. Most would just use a fused distribution block. Glad you got it though.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:29 AM   #236
diceen

Yeah, I've got about half a dozen of those inline fuses laying around, so in they went!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #237
SoundVibe

SoundVibe is on a distinguished road

Some previous builds and stuff of mine. Working on a new one now.

I still have yet to ever open this box. lol

And why is this pic of an arcade cab here? Because it's actually using a car audio amp and speakers inside, I just never got around to getting pics of it. It has an old Rockford Fosgate Punch 60ix from 93 and JL Audio speakers. The speakers are mounted under and behind the marquee, the amp is in the bottom area inside. The amp is powered by a 600 watt PSU from an old PC build. Just something I built for nostalgia and thought I'd share.

SoundVibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #238
Farhin

Farhin is on a distinguished road

6000 lumens
6500K Color temp
Can bus ready
Plug-openings-play
Aviation grade aluminum 6063

All over this product is amazing .
Price range perfect

Farhin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2016, 01:00 AM   #239
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

^^ not a car audio install
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote