CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 09-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #31
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d
Maybe Geo forgot to sticky it after he moved them.
I didn't realize that moving them would unstick them - I thought they'd be stuck threads in their new (more appropriate ) forums.

Anyway - they are now "restuck" - in the right forums.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #32
frastick

frastick is a jewel in the roughfrastick is a jewel in the roughfrastick is a jewel in the roughfrastick is a jewel in the rough

Hats off

As a newbie, I have found this forum to be very useful. Yes, there is a lot to wade through and much of it not meaningful.

But, I have gained some very valuable info from reading (mostly just reading what is already out there).

Searching has been challenging (even after reading the 'how to search' sticky) - since I dont necessarily know what keywords I want to search on.

The moderators, on their own time/energy, have done a quite fine job of it. I have been involved in public forums professionally and it is pretty tricky to ensure it is a free and open environment (as geo points out - just nix the illegal and severely disruptive stuff).

So many thanks to the moderators for enabling and maintaining a very useful resource.

-Carl
frastick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #33
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

Well thanks - but it's not us moderators who make this place tick - it's the users!

So, I'd not only encourage you, but I know most of us would even be grateful if you asked questions, even if it's just to learn that word that you don't know that you need to make an intelligent search.

This thread isn't to discourage you from asking questions, but rather to help guide you to asking questions in a way that won't get you flames and insults hurled your way, since you'd rather have answers I'm sure.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #34
Djpac

Djpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond reputeDjpac has a reputation beyond repute

hm.... i think some people really need to view this Sticky...
Djpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #35
systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond reputesystempimp_1500 has a reputation beyond repute

...so what you're saying is small subs are more accurate than big ones?

Jeff
systempimp_1500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #36
lust4sound

lust4sound is a jewel in the roughlust4sound is a jewel in the roughlust4sound is a jewel in the roughlust4sound is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
The questions I hate the most are; "Help me pick a set of coaxials for Death Metal" and "I'm looking for a set of comps for Techno". I know certain speakers from certain companies are better at reproducing certain frequency ranges. Like Midbass, or a silky smooth midrange. But the above questions are as annoying as passing a fart that contains a nugget...or some "moisture".
Coaxials for death metal, seems as though the 2 would be a perfect match.. "Buttnugget" A fart containing a nugget is not half as bad as a fart containing liquid. Just thought I'd jump in here, couldn't resist..
lust4sound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #37
lust4sound

lust4sound is a jewel in the roughlust4sound is a jewel in the roughlust4sound is a jewel in the roughlust4sound is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolemon
It's always difficult to see people posting threads asking questions like:
"What's the best ________?"
...and inevitably, everyone jumps all over them, and they feel insulted, and generally rightly so.

Think about the scope and context of your question, and be sure to make some defining statements about those things along with your question! We might need to know about you, your music, your car, your existing equipoment, your musical preferences, your past systems and experiences (whatever has shaped your opinions about what is good or bad so far in your audio life), could be other things too.

Hope this helps, and here's to some more intelligent threads, with less flaming and bashing!

edit by Mr Bentwrench by forum request:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Geo, very nicely done. I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help. I need the advice of someone who is well versed with the Old School PPI amps, Mosfet and Art series from 1988 to 1995. I am looking to build a system with use of these amps. I have too many questions to list till I know that there is a valuable resource here to help. Perhaps you can help? If not, I welcome a point in the right direction. If you refer or suggest someone, I promise I won't annoy them with stupid questions.. Regards, Eggy.
lust4sound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #38
Overkill Phil

Overkill Phil is infamous around these partsOverkill Phil is infamous around these partsOverkill Phil is infamous around these partsOverkill Phil is infamous around these parts

what kind of advice is that man, not every one knows as much as we do, all of us had to start somewhere.

Last edited by Overkill Phil; 04-25-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Overkill Phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 AM   #39
sruggles1976

sruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud ofsruggles1976 has much to be proud of

just a bump so maybe some people might read this sticky
sruggles1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #40
dolbsss

asleep for 6 yrs. woke up

dolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond repute

this guy is an azz^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dolbsss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #41
celinaman060

celinaman060 has a spectacular aura aboutcelinaman060 has a spectacular aura about

Just joined today and this was the first post I read.

And...

...I understand
celinaman060 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #42
Robor007

Robor007 is on a distinguished road

Also read before I made my first 'help request' thread.
Robor007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #43
tyme2play

tyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond reputetyme2play has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm22176 View Post
Hi guys Don't let the opportunity pass you by to point this out. ... Post this comment to my Facebook Profile. eHow Article: How to Answer Dumb Questions About Vegetarianism. Members Who Did This. Have you done this? Click here to let us know. ... Home; |; Article Sitemap.
__________________________________________________ ________________
lol
tyme2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #44
DougLoBue

DougLoBue is infamous around these parts

oppspsssppss

Last edited by DougLoBue; 09-15-2009 at 11:46 PM.
DougLoBue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #45
Bruice

Bruice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
It's always difficult to see people posting threads asking questions like:
"What's the best ________?"
...and inevitably, everyone jumps all over them, and they feel insulted, and generally rightly so.

Here's a quick analogy to help create some awareness on why you never want to post a question like the one above (for your own good):

Imagine you are looking for a job, instead of a car audio product.
Imagine how ignorant it sounds, if you asked a question like this:
"What's the best job out there?"

In this case, you probably wouldn't be surprised when people jumped all over your butt, telling you that you probably weren't qualified for ANY job with an attitude like that... that all jobs have different requirements - which ones are you qualified for? How much are you willing to invest in yourself to make yourself qualified for jobs that pay higher than what you currently are qualified for? Are you motivated by money? Are you motivated to find a job that has you interacting with people? One that's an outdoors job? One that gives you a short commute? One where you are supervising people, or working on a team? Or working individually? Etc.

There are truly a million ways that a job can line up with your own personal expectations and qualifications, over 20,000 job titles out there (according to the US Dictionary of Occupational Titles), and probably very few of those that are actually well suited to you, and you well suited to them, depending on how much you have invested towards your suitability to any of them, as well as your own personal values and preferences.
Phew!

Well, similarly, there are thousands of car audio products out there, representing a whole range of potential implementations.
And there's a reason there are thousands of products out there.
There is no "best" anything, just as there is no "best" job.

The "best" car audio product for you is the one or two that best align with your personal expectations from it, the suitability of it given your particular vehicle, your investments into your system so far and the resulting set of variables your existing components set up for compatibility, as well as what you are willing to invest in time, space, and money into obtaining that particular car audio product.

In the end, there's going to be a small number of products that uniquely align to you, your unique preferences, your unique expectations, your particular car, your unique environment, and your particular budget.
And in a way, other people's suggestions for products should be taken with a grain of salt as well - are they making suggestions that are for you, or are they simply talking about what made them happy [given their personal goals and tastes]?

So, before posting that next question, maybe just take a moment to think about this - think things through, and ask a real question, something that will generate some intelligent results for you, rather than just flames and namecalling, because that doesn't help anyone, and it won't leave you looking intelligent (or the namecallers, for that matter).

Think about the scope and context of your question, and be sure to make some defining statements about those things along with your question! We might need to know about you, your music, your car, your existing equipoment, your musical preferences, your past systems and experiences (whatever has shaped your opinions about what is good or bad so far in your audio life), could be other things too.

Hope this helps, and here's to some more intelligent threads, with less flaming and bashing!

edit by Mr Bentwrench by forum request:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Well this post is really very impressive .good work done and to the point posted, nice.
Bruice is offline   Reply With Quote