CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

more moderation, less typing
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #17
dolbsss

asleep for 6 yrs. woke up

dolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond reputedolbsss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duct Tape
more moderation, less typing

caf has always been a self moderated forum..... i wouldn't mind a little more but where do you draw the line?..... i would trust chris to be more authoritive but he as well as the other mods let most of it go.... that's what seperates this place from the other audio forums...
dolbsss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #18
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolbsss
caf has always been a self moderated forum..... i wouldn't mind a little more but where do you draw the line?..... i would trust chris to be more authoritive but he as well as the other mods let most of it go.... that's what seperates this place from the other audio forums...

a little more moderation? ANY moderation would be a little more than we already have. look at the Used forum, you cant even post a subwoofer box business without it becoming a flame war. A mod could go there, clean up the mess, and ban the people causing the trouble.

how many times have people like mtx73, bringitawn, etc been allowed to make 100 or more posts before something is done about them?

it seems the only "epic" moderation moves around here, are the occasional moved thread.

maybe if we had just "a little more moderation" we wouldnt need a sticky explaining how to avoid dumb posts.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #19
PuffDaddy_d

PuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a little more moderation? ANY moderation would be a little more than we already have. look at the Used forum, you cant even post a subwoofer box business without it becoming a flame war. A mod could go there, clean up the mess, and ban the people causing the trouble.

how many times have people like mtx73, bringitawn, etc been allowed to make 100 or more posts before something is done about them?

it seems the only "epic" moderation moves around here, are the occasional moved thread.

maybe if we had just "a little more moderation" we wouldnt need a sticky explaining how to avoid dumb posts.
you have to remember that NONE of our mods are getting paid to do this. They have their own lives that they need to tend to and so they simply just try to do what they can, when they can.

Honestly, what are the odds that one of the 4 mods would happen to log on and find that 1 troublesome thread (out of the thousands of decent ones) at just the right moment to stop the thread from getting out of hand?
PuffDaddy_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #20
Duct Tape

Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d
you have to remember that NONE of our mods are getting paid to do this. They have their own lives that they need to tend to and so they simply just try to do what they can, when they can.

Honestly, what are the odds that one of the 4 mods would happen to log on and find that 1 troublesome thread (out of the thousands of decent ones) at just the right moment to stop the thread from getting out of hand?

i know they arent paid to do it, but why not have people that are actually active here be moderators? and no i dont want to be a moderator, that is not my point.

i would even be happy, if when you report a post to a moderator, that they would actually do something about it. they seem to get ignored in the order they are received, so i dont even bother sending reports to them anymore.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #21
cheapjs23

cheapjs23 has a spectacular aura aboutcheapjs23 has a spectacular aura about

I had a quick question about what I should set me Hifonics BX1500 AMP on the side dials to power my 06' Kicker 12" L7?
cheapjs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #22
Duct Tape

Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjs23
I had a quick question about what I should set me Hifonics BX1500 AMP on the side dials to power my 06' Kicker 12" L7?

yeah, post a dumb question in a thread dedicated to helping people not ask dumb questions....

Old 09-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #23
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a little more moderation? ANY moderation would be a little more than we already have.
In part that IS intentional. I try to NOT take any action on anything, unless it's really appropriate.

I consider myself a "moderator" more in the context of "police making sure nothing illegal is happening".

"Moderators" on lots of other forums can develp 'god complex', performing acts of censorship that are in line with their own personal agendas, or whatever.

Quote:
look at the Used forum, you cant even post a subwoofer box business without it becoming a flame war. A mod could go there, clean up the mess, and ban the people causing the trouble.
How would you "clean up" what's in there?
I've seen some of the threads.
I haven't seen all of the threads.
How would you identify someone who's a legitimate customer, who is compliaining, from someone just causing trouble?
Just for example.

For Sale threads are difficult to mess with - not to mention, what the heck would I be doing looking in there?

Every thread in that forum I consider to have an OWNER.
If the OWNER complains, that's one story.
If not - hey, it's HIS thread, IMO.

Quote:
Do you think that it's even possible that I could read every thread on this forum?
Both of the members you speak of were virtually wiped clean off of this forum in it's entirety - as soon as I was aware of them. But that meant either just "happening" across one of the threads that they were in (and I don't frequent WOT much, and in WOT, probably wouldn't have done anything anyway ), or else someone let me know something was really wrong.

Quote:
Not true - when members cross that line, they are dealt with MOST thoroughly. I can't ban, but I can wipe every post those members ever made right off the forum, if I wished. And I have.
Quote:
I'd never, truly never, edit a thread where someone asked a question - any question, unless it was intentionally offensive.
If someone asked a question they believed was legitimate, no matter how "stupid", they have just as much right to post that question and that thread as anyone else on this forum.

This sticky is just to prevent them from making that mistake - maybe even intrigue them a little more about car audio on the whole... there IS a lot to think about in car audio, and there ARE a lot of ways to get hosed if you don't plan wisely, and people SHOULD ask questions to try to get good answers...

...but to get good answers, you need good questions - that's all this is about!
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #24
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i know they arent paid to do it, but why not have people that are actually active here be moderators?
I used to be on CAF daily, if not more often.

It's only because of technical difficulties that I haven't quite yet resolved, since moving roughly 7 months ago, that have prevented me from being online as frequently in the past.

I'm still every bit as committed to quality on this forum as I ever have been, and thankfully since Time Warner has overthrown the evil warlords of Adelphia cable, I should shortly again actually *have* an internet connection again.

Without that, it's damn hard to so much as check my Email!
(and I assure you, every time you report a thread - I have it set up to send an Email directly into my Email inbox, regardless of whether I've been on CAF in a while or not)
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #25
The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like our moderation justt the way it is.
The_spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #26
tagerrung

tagerrung has a spectacular aura abouttagerrung has a spectacular aura abouttagerrung has a spectacular aura about

well said, and i was just about to post "whats the best deck i can get?" lol
tagerrung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #27
PuffDaddy_d

PuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond repute

Where did the "Power Thread" and "Pin your location on the map" STICKIES go? I can't find them in the other sections.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #28
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond repute

Power Thread is in Tech section now. I bumped it. It's not a sticky anymore.
ComfortablyNumb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #29
PuffDaddy_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
Power Thread is in Tech section now. I bumped it. It's not a sticky anymore.
Maybe Geo forgot to sticky it after he moved them.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #30
The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond repute

The map sticky was unstickied as well and is now in WOT:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh....php?p=2006572
The_spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote