CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 10-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #226
Wooferine

Wooferine is on a distinguished road

I've been looking into my options for upgrading so I've got a list of brands and products that I could wallpaper my room with. So here's one you might find interesting: Audiofrog.

They don't have a huge list of products and they're a fairly recent but from reading about them the owner has a solid pedigree having worked on and possibly designed the MS-8 amongst other things. Their GB series of drivers have regular members of an SQ forum pretty much loving the stuff.

No personal experience since I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out.
Wooferine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #227
Wooferine

Wooferine is on a distinguished road

Another brand name I've encountered that is held in very high regard by the audiophiles is SEAS, and unless I missed it it's not in the list.
Wooferine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #228
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Audiofrog was started by Andy Wehmeyer, formerly of Harmon International and more specifically, JBL. Initial reports on Audio Frog are "good".

Seas produces raw drivers of excellent quality.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #229
rally

rally is on a distinguished road

how about Ryan Audio?
rally is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2016, 01:16 AM   #230
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally View Post
how about Ryan Audio?
Never heard of them.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #231
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
Never heard of them.
. . . x 2
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #232
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Just added Wet Sounds
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017, 08:14 PM   #233
pioneersucks

pioneersucks is on a distinguished road

Avoid Pioneer 3700

Nice list, well done, Ill refer to it when I go for a new system. What I wanted to post (my first here) is my recent experience with my Pioneer AVH-3700 head unit. Just go off the phone with the service manager at Pioneer, told him my story, now ill tell you. After one year and 5 months into using this unit the main board cooked. But only after plugging in an iPod nano7. The unit was fine before the nano. The repair is 280.00 and comes with a 90 day warranty. Wow, what a deal. A 500 dollar mistake on my part but who would have seen this coming, I thought Pioneer was pretty good.
Anyway Ill be replacing with the Kenwood DNX573s from woofers ect out in LA. I can bump the warranty up to 4 years also. Im surprised this unit failed in such a short time and im not sure if that nano7 had anything to do with it but he did say it was very unlikely. Just wanted to throw that out to you guys and say that Im looking forward to learning from the huge amount of experience the members of this forum has.

Last edited by pioneersucks; 01-16-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: unfinished post
pioneersucks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017, 10:44 PM   #234
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneersucks View Post
Nice list, well done, Ill refer to it when I go for a new system. What I wanted to post (my first here) is my recent experience with my Pioneer AVH-3700 head unit. Just go off the phone with the service manager at Pioneer, told him my story, now ill tell you. After one year and 5 months into using this unit the main board cooked. But only after plugging in an iPod nano7. The unit was fine before the nano. The repair is 280.00 and comes with a 90 day warranty. Wow, what a deal. A 500 dollar mistake on my part but who would have seen this coming, I thought Pioneer was pretty good.
Anyway Ill be replacing with the Kenwood DNX573s from woofers ect out in LA. I can bump the warranty up to 4 years also. Im surprised this unit failed in such a short time and im not sure if that nano7 had anything to do with it but he did say it was very unlikely. Just wanted to throw that out to you guys and say that Im looking forward to learning from the huge amount of experience the members of this forum has.
Pioneer makes pretty good HUs. My P9 still works and that thing is 15 years old.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2017, 12:14 AM   #235
pioneersucks

pioneersucks is on a distinguished road

Pioneer AVH 3700 cooked in just over a year. Burned me for radio cost and wanted 280 to fix. Add to the bad list. Looking for HU, maybe Kenwood DNX693s.
pioneersucks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2017, 01:39 AM   #236
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneersucks View Post
Pioneer AVH 3700 cooked in just over a year. Burned me for radio cost and wanted 280 to fix. Add to the bad list. Looking for HU, maybe Kenwood DNX693s.
Cooked how exactly? There are many things that can fail or sustain damage if certain precautions are not taken during initial install or subsequent connections are made.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #237
TRD_Runner

TRD_Runner is on a distinguished road

Where does the Phoenix gold sx1200.5 amp fall?
Memphis audio's LL6 processor?
CDT's Anniversary edition 3 way system?
TRD_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2017, 03:16 AM   #238
blakkid

blakkid is on a distinguished road

Would be nice if there was a personal favorites section or highly recommended section after the highest quality bracket. Teeheee
blakkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #239
will sinclair

will sinclair is on a distinguished road

I think Alpine has strong power on car audio issue . I am using ALPINE PDX-V9 . It is a compact and more affordable product with good reviews and manufacturer’s reputation. It features maximum power of 900 W and in 100W RMS x 4 + 500W RMS x 1 configuration. The system’s output is enough to power commonly build in car speakers or aftermarket subwoofers up to 12-inch size. It doesn’t overheat and is well isolated. Users reported no problems with this product and generally positive reviews. With its compact size and stackable installation design with front-panel controls, it is easy to install and it doesn’t require a lot of space. With the affordable price and good specifications, this is a recommended product.
will sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote