CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > UseNet Gateway > F.A.Q. > New Questions

Old 04-18-2015, 06:01 AM   #1
cartunes

cartunes is on a distinguished road

help my jvc stereo is over heating

I have a slightly older JVC cd deck in a 95 jeep grand Cherokee that had a stock infinity system that was not working. Upon removing the stock stereo I came across repaired wire on the radio wire harness which had melted at some point. So seeing this I decided to run all new speaker wire to avoid any future problems. I installed the new stereo,sub woofer,amp,and speaker wires. It worked great for about 10 min then the speakers started sounding screechy and then the amp shut down. When trying to find the problem this is what I found and did. The stereo and just the stereo was over heating to the point I couldn't touch it. So I checked for power shorts speaker shorts bad grounds,checked and rechecked that everything was hooked up properly,replaced the stereo with a similar JVC,replaced speaker wires again the power and ground to the amp the line cords from stereo to the amp,changed speakers with same stock speakers I got from my local junk yard,tryed isolating front and back channels left to right ,disconnecting amp all together.I GIVE UP ,PLEASE ANY THOUGHTS
cartunes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR