CarAudioForum.com


Reply
Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
Georgemk6

Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Georgemk6 is on a distinguished road



First build

Hello I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. So sorry for any missing information.

I currently have.

Speakers - 4x alpine spr 60 speakers (front and back door speakers)
Amp - Inphase IPA2041 2000w 4 channel
Head unit - pioneer sph-da120

So the question is could I parallel wire 4 speakers to channels 1 and 2 then wire an subwoofer to channels 3 and 4 if so what sub would be best. I was looking at a alpine 12" type r is this to much? What would you recommend?
Georgemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: north of the 49th
Posts: 19,155
basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute



Let's move this to a more appropriate section- follow the redirect to "General"
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: north of the 49th
Posts: 19,155
basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute



Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgemk6 View Post
Hello I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. So sorry for any missing information.

I currently have.

Speakers - 4x alpine spr 60 speakers (front and back door speakers)
Amp - Inphase IPA2041 2000w 4 channel
Head unit - pioneer sph-da120

So the question is could I parallel wire 4 speakers to channels 1 and 2 then wire an subwoofer to channels 3 and 4 if so what sub would be best. I was looking at a alpine 12" type r is this to much? What would you recommend?
Hint: the IPA2041 is not a "2000 watt" amp, no matter what the manufacturer might suggest. I doubt very much it would power a single Type R woofer very well (that woofer really needs a good 1000 watts RMS) as it would only provide a small fraction of the needed power, so you'd be better off buying a mono amp from a reputable manufacturer to power it. I would not recommend buying one from InPhase.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 05:54 AM   #4
Georgemk6

Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Georgemk6 is on a distinguished road



Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
Hint: the IPA2041 is not a "2000 watt" amp, no matter what the manufacturer might suggest. I doubt very much it would power a single Type R woofer very well (that woofer really needs a good 1000 watts RMS) as it would only provide a small fraction of the needed power, so you'd be better off buying a mono amp from a reputable manufacturer to power it. I would not recommend buying one from InPhase.
Ok looks like the type r idea will have to wait then. What subwoofer would you suggest with my current Amp and speakers? Would I be better off connecting the back speakers to the head unit freeing up Channels 3/4 or parallel wiring to channels 1/2, freeing channels 3/4?
Georgemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: north of the 49th
Posts: 19,155
basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute



Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgemk6 View Post
Ok looks like the type r idea will have to wait then. What subwoofer would you suggest with my current Amp and speakers? Would I be better off connecting the back speakers to the head unit freeing up Channels 3/4 or parallel wiring to channels 1/2, freeing channels 3/4?
I would power the rear speakers off the head unit regardless- you don't want rear speakers dominating what you hear up front.

If you can find one, a JBL GT5-4 has modest power demands, should work with the amplifier power your InPhase amp can muster much better- they come in 10" and 12", and the single 4 ohm voice coil version is what you'd want with bridged amplifier channels.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #6
Georgemk6

Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Georgemk6 is on a distinguished road



Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
I would power the rear speakers off the head unit regardless- you don't want rear speakers dominating what you hear up front.

If you can find one, a JBL GT5-4 has modest power demands, should work with the amplifier power your InPhase amp can muster much better- they come in 10" and 12", and the single 4 ohm voice coil version is what you'd want with bridged amplifier channels.
I had a look I found a (boss d12f) 12" and a (Pioneer TS-W311S4) 12" their both 4ohm single coil. What do you think of them?

Alpine SWG-1244 svc 4ohm?

Last edited by Georgemk6; 01-11-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Georgemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
neillio

Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 18 yr member
Posts: 7,742
neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute



No, no, and nope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-GT5-10-2...MAAOSwx2dYDpNA
No way your amp does more than 250wrms per channel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Audio-Un...UAAOSwcLxYL2pl
1ft3 sealed per sub is perfect for the JBL GT-5 10". No need for polyfill.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #8
JohnBauder

Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 449
JohnBauder is a jewel in the roughJohnBauder is a jewel in the roughJohnBauder is a jewel in the roughJohnBauder is a jewel in the rough



Can you return the amp and speakers? If so you can do much better.

The Alpines are a good coaxial set buy an amped set of component speakers is better. You can get a pair of ID components for less than a pair of those Alpines and have much better sound - https://www.amazon.com/Ctx65cs-Dynam.../dp/B001NNOZNQ - $170

You can get 2 of these subs for $97 total - https://www.amazon.com/JBL-GT5-10D-1...rds=jbl+gt5-10 Wire them to a total 4ohm load.

You can power the fronts and the subs with this amp for $200 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2AH6BGHI3KV4N

Then all you need is the sub enclosure and wiring. The enclosure should be .75ft^3 per sub - interior volume. It should be made from 3/4" MDF. Or you can buy this one for $50 - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...va-MDFD10.html It's a bit larger than optimum but probably not noticeably so.

TOTAL about $520 plus wiring and any soundproofing you might decide is needed.

Last edited by JohnBauder; 01-10-2017 at 03:49 PM.
JohnBauder is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2017, 06:05 AM   #9
Georgemk6

Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Georgemk6 is on a distinguished road



Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBauder View Post
Can you return the amp and speakers? If so you can do much better.

The Alpines are a good coaxial set buy an amped set of component speakers is better. You can get a pair of ID components for less than a pair of those Alpines and have much better sound - https://www.amazon.com/Ctx65cs-Dynam.../dp/B001NNOZNQ - $170

You can get 2 of these subs for $97 total - https://www.amazon.com/JBL-GT5-10D-1...rds=jbl+gt5-10 Wire them to a total 4ohm load.

You can power the fronts and the subs with this amp for $200 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2AH6BGHI3KV4N

Then all you need is the sub enclosure and wiring. The enclosure should be .75ft^3 per sub - interior volume. It should be made from 3/4" MDF. Or you can buy this one for $50 - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...va-MDFD10.html It's a bit larger than optimum but probably not noticeably so.

TOTAL about $520 plus wiring and any soundproofing you might decide is needed.
I can't return the amp or speakers so I'm going to have to make deal with them and just add a subwoofer to my existing amp
Georgemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
SPL_Krayzie112

Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,392
SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough



Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgemk6 View Post
Hello I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. So sorry for any missing information.

I currently have.

Speakers - 4x alpine spr 60 speakers (front and back door speakers)
Amp - Inphase IPA2041 2000w 4 channel
Head unit - pioneer sph-da120

So the question is could I parallel wire 4 speakers to channels 1 and 2 then wire an subwoofer to channels 3 and 4 if so what sub would be best. I was looking at a alpine 12" type r is this to much? What would you recommend?
Itīs doable...just add an EQ. And maybe an active crossover.
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1996 - 2011 by CarAudioForum.com - all rights reserved.