CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Advanced

Old 03-15-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
Zach617

Zach617 is on a distinguished road

I need help with a sub and an amplifier setup

I am a beginner to car audio, I wanted to find a cheap, compact build to fit in whatever first car that I get. After looking around I found that the SKAR IX-8 was a very affordable subwoofer and it was a small size (8Ē) it is a 150W RMS subwoofer according to SKARís website. For the amp, keeping in mind that this is a compact build, I found that the Kicker PX200.1 would work perfectly for what Iím trying to accomplish. A possible issue Iíve noticed is that the PX200.1 is a 100W RMS in 1 channel @ 1 ohm load. Itís a 200W in 1 channel @ 0.5 ohm load. The IX-8 Sub can be ordered in a dual 2 ohm coil or a dual 4 ohm coil configuration. Would these two products work together efficiently or would I have some issues? (Sorry if some of the descriptions didnít make sense Iím really new to car audio)
Zach617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-15-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
Zach617

Zach617 is on a distinguished road

Also, would going over the wattage that the sub is labeled affect the sub? Iíve seen people over power their subs but it decreases the life of the sub. But would just 50 Watts really change much?
Zach617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

That Kicker isn't the best match to that sub, since that sub can't be wired to .5 ohms.

I give the PPI Ion a look instead.
http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplif...amplifier.html

Get a 2ohm DVC sub and wire it to 4 ohms to limit the amplifiers output.

You can set the gains on the amp to whatever output you feel comfortable with using ohms law and a Digitial Multimeter.

http://www.thesuicidaleggroll.com/gain.htm
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote