CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 07-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
jeeper2269

jeeper2269 will become famous soon enoughjeeper2269 will become famous soon enough

I have one of the most bad *** subs of all time and need ideas for a box

I have one of the last Cerwin Vega Stroker 15" Single Coil subs left on earth.

my FI "Q" 12" just started having issues with a small sealed box

I have 35"x34"x16" to work with in my 15' lexus Is 350 f sport trunk

what you guys think??

Amp = JBL bp 1200.1
jeeper2269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 07-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
jeeper2269

jeeper2269 will become famous soon enoughjeeper2269 will become famous soon enough

manual on the stroker says I need 3.5 cubic feet for the box...
jeeper2269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it. Good bye trunk space.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #4
nauc

nauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond repute

whats wrong with your Fi. those subs are no joke
nauc is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #5
Waldodamon

Waldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has two of the original 15" Strokers from when he bought them in the 90's. I remember the day he called me he was so excited he almost couldn't breathe.

He runs them (to this day) in his Cherokee that he uses for errands, off road adventures, etc. They're (his are) dual 4 ohm coils if I recall correctly, I know he's running them off a very underrated and also originally purchased Orion 2500d @ 1 ohm, of course.

I will ask him for you, but I believe his box is 7.5 feet cubed (net, after port and woofer displacement), roughly, give or take after bracing, and they still, to this day pound like a sob.

I know the enclosure is tuned to 35 Hz, that I recall, because I helped him with the port calculations when he built the box.

Anyway, here's a link to the manuals for them. It's nice to have this for the T/S parameters, I remember with my old school Orion Xtreme Series 2 and 3 subs, I was looking EVERYWHERE until I finally found some off referenced link in a forum...saved that to PDF as soon as it opened, lol.

http://www.rollmeover.com/bronco_fab...ker_Manual.pdf

::EDIT:: Sorry I didn't see in your post that you already had the manual.

:EDIT ALSO:: Sorry, I saw old school Stroker and I kind of got too excited, too. As Jimi said, you're going to lose your whole trunk, and where would you mount your amp(s)? I hope not directly on the sub box... You may have 35"x34"x16" to work with, however, your trunk opening, if I had to guess, is much smaller in width than the width of your trunk, so you'd have to build that box from within the trunk, which is a b*tch at best, at least for me, I hate it, lol, but to each their own. I remember more than one time friends and even relatives coming to me to build them a box for their trunk and giving me all their dimensions and then I asked them "How do you plan on getting a 34" box into a 28" hole?" Then you get the dumb look, lol. When it came to friends and family, I usually would do the cuts for them and let them assemble it in their trunk, I am 6'2", YOU have fun scrunching in there and putting that stuff together, ha haa. Of course with the customers I have had over the years, it's a different story, then my fat as$ has to suck it up and fit into those awkward and very cramped places and do what I do.

Anyway, hope this helps. I don't know what your experience is with car audio or box building, but if you need a hand with the math to calculate your box and port size, let me know here. I may not respond quickly, but I will respond.

Last edited by Waldodamon; 07-17-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Waldodamon is offline   Reply With Quote