CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 01-20-2017, 03:53 AM   #1
PsychoticSheep

PsychoticSheep is on a distinguished road

2012 VW Jetta w/ Fender System Replacement Help

Hello,
I currently have a 2012 VW Jetta With the Fender Premium audio system installed and I am looking into methods of replacing the speakers and Head-unit and adding a larger sub.

The problem I'm facing is that there is an OEM amp under the driver seat that is wired to the current HU, being as this is my first attempt at a full after-market work over, I am looking for advice on what I should look for and expect to have to do.

Since my car has 8 speakers and one sub installed how would i wire it to an external amp? and how would it be best to wire that from the HU? do I just dump the OEM amp?

i am hoping for some advice and thank you.
PsychoticSheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-24-2017, 02:20 AM   #2
Mobile_Install

Mobile_Install is on a distinguished road

If you just want to add a sub and amp and head unit and keep everything else factory you would need this interface http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=26 this will retain the factory amp and the steering wheel controls on your car and allow you to wire in the aftermarket head unit. You will also need a dash kit https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=99-9011 and your choice of aftermarket radio. After that you can simply wire your sub to your aftermarket head unit like you normally would.

If you want to replace the factory amp with something else then things get a bit more complicated but can be done with the cars wiring diagram.
Mobile_Install is offline   Reply With Quote