CarAudioForum.com

Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Adcom

Adcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond repute

MMA Fans Get in Here!

I usually watch the UFC so I'm not familiar with other fighters from Pride or K1. Last night on Showtime I watched this guy fight.

He's an amazing fighter with tons of potential. Take a gander if you have time for a little over a couple rounds of action.

http://www.mmalinker.com/xExternal.php?vidid=9913
Adcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
nauc

nauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond repute

lol, those guys suck
nauc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Adcom

Adcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauc View Post
lol, those guys suck

Not as well as you do.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
nauc

nauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond repute

lets see, they obviously cant fight left foot back and right foot back, you dont lead with spinning rear kicks and spinning heel hooks or heel hooks, thats why almost none of them landed decent. they dont know how to take advantage of fighting someone who mirrors their stance, they also lead by kicking with their supporting leg and dont kick worth a crap to begin with as they fall out almost everytime.

rollseyes

Last edited by nauc; 12-03-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #5
Adcom

Quote:
lets see, they obviously cant fight left back and right foot back, you dont lead with spinning rear kicks and spinning heel hooks or heel hooks, thats why almost none of them landed decent. they dont know how to take advantage of fighting someone who mirrors their stance, they also lead by kicking with their supporting leg and dont kick worth a crap to begin with as they fall out almost everytime.

rollseyes
Le knocks everyone out with liver kicks, so fukk you. The guy has never been taken down. I'll admit his JJ is lacking, but who needs JJ when you can't be taken down and you kick like a Thai champion.

You need to brush up on your appreciation of MMA

Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 AM   #6
nauc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcom View Post
Le knocks everyone out with liver kicks, so fukk you. The guy has never been taken down. I'll admit his JJ is lacking, but who needs JJ when you can't be taken down and you kick like a Thai champion.

You need to brush up on your appreciation of MMA
you need to learn what REAL fighting is to see theres nothing to appreciate in MMA

those guys look like a bunch of orange belts fukin around

Old 12-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #7
Type_X

Type_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you need to learn what REAL fighting is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNc_KwMjuAk
Type_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
fugyaself

fugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond repute

I have been a fan of Cung Le's since his San Shou days. He really isn't all that great of an MMA fighter but he is just starting out. He was the king of San Shou kickboxing for many a years though. I have been a fan of his for a long long time and I am glad he has enjoyed some success in MMA. So far no one has really tested his ground game though. If he wasn't fighting for Strikeforce I would suspect that the people he has fought so far were paid extra to keep the fight standing.
fugyaself is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #9
fugyaself

fugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond reputefugyaself has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lets see, they obviously cant fight left foot back and right foot back, you dont lead with spinning rear kicks and spinning heel hooks or heel hooks, thats why almost none of them landed decent. they dont know how to take advantage of fighting someone who mirrors their stance, they also lead by kicking with their supporting leg and dont kick worth a crap to begin with as they fall out almost everytime.

rollseyes

WTF are you talking about. Le is left handed. Frykland is right handed. Spinning heel hook? You do realize that is a hold and not a strike right? A hold that was never attempted in this fight. Mirroring their stance? Again, this is a left handed vs right handed fight. Complete opposites. Le through every kick imaginable in that fight. Front leg and back. He put on a clinic.

I am glad you know more about kickboxing than one of the sports best though. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:30 AM   #10
fugyaself

Quote:
you need to learn what REAL fighting is to see theres nothing to appreciate in MMA

those guys look like a bunch of orange belts fukin around

By all means explain to us what real fighting is. I was under the impression that MMA stood for mixed martial arts and was developed over 20 years of putting any and every type of martial artist and street fighter in the ring together and finding out what works. Apparently I was mistaken and the thousands of fights that it took to develop the current working style is all a farse. Please teach me the err of my ways and show me what real fighting is. What color belt is best? Do the different colors work like putting stickers on cars for horsepower? The better the color the more kickass I am?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 AM   #11
Adcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugyaself View Post
The better the color the more kickass I am?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #12
nauc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugyaself View Post
WTF are you talking about. Le is left handed. Frykland is right handed. Spinning heel hook? You do realize that is a hold and not a strike right? A hold that was never attempted in this fight. Mirroring their stance? Again, this is a left handed vs right handed fight. Complete opposites. Le through every kick imaginable in that fight. Front leg and back. He put on a clinic.

I am glad you know more about kickboxing than one of the sports best though. Thanks for sharing.
spinning heel hook... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiCQ06QtdL4

mirrioring is when one guy fights right handed (left foot back), the other guy fights left handed (right foot back) or vice versa. from an overhead, downward view, (looking down from the sky, sodaspeak) theyre mirroring each other.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:31 AM   #13
nauc

heres some demos from the school i use to study at. its not sparring, just examples of how we move.

sword fighting kata... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=3262681

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcklG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXplJ5F1r0

i take that back, those are just examples of how the lower ranks move. each degree of black learns a new animal = different motions and since most of those guys and girls are 3rd black or lower, half the animals werent even shown.

Last edited by nauc; 12-03-2008 at 06:52 AM.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #14
Adcom

Quote:
heres some demos from the school i use to study at. its not sparring, just examples of how we move.

sword fighting kata... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=3262681

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcklG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXplJ5F1r0
Anyone can demo. My 9mm Beretta pawns that guys sword 7 days a week.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 AM   #15
nauc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcom View Post
Anyone can demo. My 9mm Beretta pawns that guys sword 7 days a week.
oh and my 12" RE HC pawns a RadioShack sub

for the dumb ones, great comparison