CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 12-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
BiscuitTX

BiscuitTX is on a distinguished road

Houston Dynamat Installers

I just bought 2 bulk packs of the Dynamat Ext but need a good installer to do it for me as I dont have the time even though its really straight forward. Can anyone recommend a houston based installer for this? Thanks.
BiscuitTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Monkeybear

Monkeybear is on a distinguished road

River Oaks Car Stereo should be able to install dynamat for you.
Monkeybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
PuffDaddy_d

PuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond repute

wow - are you sure you can't do it yourself? Most shops will charge about $50-60/hr to install sound dampening mats.

Best bet is to get a buddy or two and pay them with beer or food and have them help you out for a few hours on a weekend.

EDIT:
Houston is HUGE... can you narrow down the area for us?
PuffDaddy_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
khanhfat

khanhfat is infamous around these partskhanhfat is infamous around these parts

man 50 $ to 60$... hell freaking no. I'd rather pay for something else. Im in houston as well. Can anybody know any reliable shop to hook me up with new sets of speakers? PM me more info . thanks.

Go to home depot and have some mexican dude out there help u out. But i'm not sure they know how to take the car apart. ANother way is go to audioshop , ask people there know anybody do it for cheap.
khanhfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
BiscuitTX

BiscuitTX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d
wow - are you sure you can't do it yourself? Most shops will charge about $50-60/hr to install sound dampening mats.

Best bet is to get a buddy or two and pay them with beer or food and have them help you out for a few hours on a weekend.

EDIT:
Houston is HUGE... can you narrow down the area for us?
West side but can drive anywhere in the City.

River Oaks wants $1,000 for two guys 2 days to do it.

I've got to believe theres someone else out there that can do it cheaper. Please PM if you have someone reliable. Thanks.
BiscuitTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2007, 01:27 AM   #6
Type_X

Type_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond repute

putting dynamat down?

its so easy, it's just time consuming. just peel the adhesvive side and put that on the bare metal, then roll it on with a roller.
Type_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
PuffDaddy_d

PuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond repute

Any respectable shop is going to charge an arm and a leg for dynamat installation. Sorry.

I'm sure there are plenty of places that have employees that are willing to make some quick cash under the table to do such an install, but I'd be weary about letting them remove my interior panels. As I suggested earlier, strongly consider just making it a DIY project with a buddy or two and you will not regret it. If you truly don't have the time to knock it out in a few hours on a weekend, then it simply becomes a question of how much are you willing to pay for it to be done correctly.
PuffDaddy_d is offline   Reply With Quote