CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 09-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
KurtCocain

KurtCocain can only hope to improve

Good Brand Line Output Converter

I need to buy a Line Output converter for hooking up an amp to a stock stereo. i know i need a line output converter, but I am wondering what is a good brand, or what features I need to look for.

I know there are 4 chnanel converters and some that have turn on. i am hooking up a 2 channel amp which will be bridged to mono. So I need a 2 channel line output converter.

As fas as brands which one is best for sound quality, on ebay there are LOCs that cost 12 bucks, and other for lik 30.
KurtCocain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 09-29-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

the stinger line out converters on this page are all good quality converters.

http://www.installer.com/stinger/
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
KurtCocain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duct Tape
the stinger line out converters on this page are all good quality converters.

http://www.installer.com/stinger/

OK, so how do I know which one would I need the Stinger:
SLOC
SLOCII
SALOC
SHPLOC

Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

what kind of vehicle do you have? do you know if it has a factory amplifier?

Old 09-29-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
KurtCocain

Quote:
what kind of vehicle do you have? do you know if it has a factory amplifier?
i have a 2007 honda civic lx sedan. It has to have factory amplifier, otherwise how would it power the speakers. Or the stock HU has a built in amplifier something like that.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Duct Tape

Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCocain
i have a 2007 honda civic lx sedan. It has to have factory amplifier, otherwise how would it power the speakers. Or the stock HU has a built in amplifier something like that.

some factory stereos have a seperate amp to power the speakers. your car on the other hand, most likely is just using the amp built into the radio.

i would go with this model

SALOC Adjustable line output converter (35wx2).
$27.49

Old 09-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
KurtCocain

Quote:
some factory stereos have a seperate amp to power the speakers. your car on the other hand, most likely is just using the amp built into the radio.

i would go with this model

SALOC Adjustable line output converter (35wx2).
$27.49
thanks for the fast response

k, ill buy that one then

Old 09-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #8
KurtCocain

Or what about Install Edge. As far as I know Install Edge is a division of Rockford:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Duct Tape

Associate

no idea, never heard of them. they could work out just fine. i usually only recommend products that i have actually installed. and i have had good results with the stingers.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
KurtCocain

Quote:
no idea, never heard of them. they could work out just fine. i usually only recommend products that i have actually installed. and i have had good results with the stingers.
I see. I was just being cheap and trying to save a few bucks )

Well, if you go to best buy to install stuff for you, they use Rockfor amp kits and Install Edge LOCs.

Read up on it and this is what I found:

"Some LOC's, like the InstallEdge IEC AULOC have 16 Ohms across the load resulting in ~ 1.77 Ohms "load" to the amp.
Others like Scosche FAI-3 have capacitors in series with resistors providing minimal additional load to the amp." (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18475)

Old 09-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
RONSOLOX

RONSOLOX will become famous soon enoughRONSOLOX will become famous soon enough

Here's another one by scosche

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Converter.html

or

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Converter.html
RONSOLOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
epi79

epi79 is on a distinguished road

what about MTX-REQ ?
too expensive? for LOC? anybody ever experience with that?
epi79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #13
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by epi79
what about MTX-REQ ?
too expensive? for LOC? anybody ever experience with that?
The REQ is great for vehicles with stock amps that process the signal for each speaker. A universal LOC works great for full range signals. It really depends on the vehicle.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote