CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: SPL & Competition

Old 01-28-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
RiffRaffMama

RiffRaffMama is on a distinguished road

Newly acquired mystery components

Hi, I would like to preface my post with: I know nothing about competition car audio, so please be patient and kind if I use the wrong terminology etc and please explain things to me like I'm 5 years old. Thank you.
Yes, I know this is the competition forum, but bear with me.
I recently purchased the contents of an abandoned storage unit and I've come here looking for some more information on some of the items I know absolutely nothing about.
There are three subwoofer speakers in wood boxes. Two 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 and a 12" Infinity. Those I can research a lot easier than the next item, but by all means give me the low-down on those as well.
The next item took me days to identify and it is what has brought me to this particular forum. It's a competition series capacitor, but I can't find the brand *anywhere* online. On the cylinder it says:
Chronic
New trend in the car audio industry
Competition series
20 DCV 95 C
1,000,000 Farad (MFD)
ESR ≤ 0.00198 Ω
Max 20 VCD Surge 24 VDC
Work temp -25to 95C

And here's pix: vchttp://pho.to/AbKfY

Who made it?
Can the actual farad be determined from the info on it?
I don't want it, so now what?
Value?

Thank you very much!
Tracy
RiffRaffMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-28-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Capacitors and used subwoofers from national brands (with a few exceptions) are typically not a high-value piece, more so when used.

The link for photos didn't work for me- try uploading to a hosting site like photobucket and posting the link, with clear shots of model numbers where possible.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 02:12 AM   #3
RiffRaffMama

Thanks for your reply. A couple of unsolicited letters jumped on to the start of the photo link I posted so here it is without the typo: http://pho.to/AbKfY
There's literally no othe information on it - no model numbers etc. I've searched for that "Chronic" name as it seems to be a brand or model but I can't find any information and I'm sure you can imagine how common the word chronic is.
I'm not interested in keeping it - I drive a 20 year old Hyundai excel hatchback, this equipment would literally consume the entire rear portion of my car, so given the limited information available do you have an idea of what should I be asking when offloading it to ebay?
Thanks again.

Last edited by RiffRaffMama; 02-03-2017 at 02:16 AM.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe $20-$30 for the capacitor. They show up on Japanese sites as "sold out" but probably have been discontinued for a few years.

If you have model numbers for the subs that can be narrowed down a bit- craigslist probably has some similar ones to give you an idea.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:59 AM   #5
RiffRaffMama

Thanks basicxj I appreciate your info. I'll unscrew the back of the speaker box and hopefully find a model number.
Many thanks!

Old 02-06-2017, 03:31 AM   #6
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRaffMama View Post
Thanks basicxj I appreciate your info. I'll unscrew the back of the speaker box and hopefully find a model number.
Many thanks!
It would be easier to unscrew each woofer from the front, unless it is one of those craptastic pre-fab bandpass type boxes.