CarAudioForum.com

Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
StopShoe

StopShoe is on a distinguished road

Amp going into protection

I recently installed 2 12" Kicker CVRs along with a Digital Audio 6 channel amp. I have 0 gauge wire from the battery to the alternator, and alternator to the ground. The gain is set properly, but when I turn my radio up to high volume, my amp makes a pop noise, and cuts off into protection mode for a few seconds, and continues until I cut the volume down. I can turn the bass level down, and then turn my volume up, but i cannot make the bass any better. Is this my amp not being able to push my subs, or protecting my subs from over power, or the amp not having access to enough power? I have a 99 Mercedes CLK320.

ANY advice is appreciated
StopShoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 10-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
jepalan

jepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond reputejepalan has a reputation beyond repute

You left out all the important info. i.e. the info needed to answer your question.

1) How many voice coils does each sub have?
2) What is the impedance of each voice coil?
3) How many watts *RMS* does you amp put out per channel?
4) How is the amp wired to the subs?
5) What final ohm load are the two subs wired to?
6) How is the amp wired to the subs? Is it bridged to the subs?

Can you provide a link to the specs or a manual for your amp?
I have never heard of "Digital Audio" 6 channel amp. Sorry.
jepalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
buddha73

buddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepalan View Post
You left out all the important info. i.e. the info needed to answer your question.

1) How many voice coils does each sub have?
2) What is the impedance of each voice coil?
3) How many watts *RMS* does you amp put out per channel?
4) How is the amp wired to the subs?
5) What final ohm load are the two subs wired to?
6) How is the amp wired to the subs? Is it bridged to the subs?

Can you provide a link to the specs or a manual for your amp?
I have never heard of "Digital Audio" 6 channel amp. Sorry.
digital audio if i remember correctly is just rebadged audiobahn stuff. i'm sure their amps are ok at best.

op, by the sounds of it you don't have enough wattage on whatever channel you're running those subs on. like this guy said we need to know some more specifics. but from what you said it sounds like you have them wired at an appropriate load so i don't think its impedance related. to me it sounds like you're taxing the amps capabilities at full tilt. again get us the specifics and we can help further. if you don't know how to find the info let us know and we can try to explain.
buddha73 is offline   Reply With Quote