CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
heythereyou94

heythereyou94 is infamous around these partsheythereyou94 is infamous around these parts

Alpine mrd-m1005 CUR Error?

So I may have a problem guys. I have a 12" Fi Q Dual 1 ohm, wired as 2, and a 1000 watt Alpine mrd-m1005 amp, with a Kenwood Excelon kdc-x595 head unit. I also have a 2nd battery in my trunk, 2nd battery and amp are wired using 4 gauge wire, its all in a 2003 mustang. The problem is, even with 2 batteries, my amp cuts off and shows a CUE error when it hits a certain volume. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance guys.
heythereyou94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

What does the manual say????
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

I'd guess a bad ground is triggering protection circuitry by way of the amplifier trying to pull too much current.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you have the amplifier's gain set at? Is Bass EQ engaged?

Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
heythereyou94

heythereyou94 is infamous around these partsheythereyou94 is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the replies guys, i dont have the manual and couldnt find anything about it on google. Also, i thought it was a ground problem as well but ive tried several different grounds with the same results and bass eq and gain are as low as theyll go, even on my head unit bass is set at 0. Any more input guys? Im not new to car audio by any means but i am new to adding a 2nd battery, so im totally lost

Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereyou94 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys, i dont have the manual and couldnt find anything about it on google.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...500MRDM605.PDF

Quote:
Also, i thought it was a ground problem as well but ive tried several different grounds with the same results and bass eq and gain are as low as theyll go, even on my head unit bass is set at 0. Any more input guys? Im not new to car audio by any means but i am new to adding a 2nd battery, so im totally lost
Is gain set at 8V or .1V?

Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
heythereyou94

Okay so its been a little while, (I've been on spring break and out of town) but anyways gain is set at 0.1 and bass setting on the head unit are at 0. Also both batteries are charging at 13.5 v so that's fine. Anymore ideas guys? Im lost........on other awesome news though, i picked up a perfect 12" Fi Q for $100 from someone on craigslist yesterday, thought that was awesome and had to share it haha.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

Quote:
Okay so its been a little while, (I've been on spring break and out of town) but anyways gain is set at 0.1 and bass setting on the head unit are at 0. Also both batteries are charging at 13.5 v so that's fine. Anymore ideas guys? Im lost........on other awesome news though, i picked up a perfect 12" Fi Q for $100 from someone on craigslist yesterday, thought that was awesome and had to share it haha.
Gain set at .1V amounts to the gain being set wide open- it acts like you only have .1V worth of voltage from the head unit's pre-outs and compensates by jacking the amplifier's input stage all the way up...that is too high, set it properly.

http://www.thesuicidaleggroll.com/gain.htm

Alpine's V12 amps don't have a knob for gain, they do theirs electronically but the principal is the same- turn your gain down.