CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 09-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #1
Bigdogevan

Bigdogevan is on a distinguished road

New speakers/sub/amp - no sound

Factory head unit on 2013 XLT Ford Ranger double cab. Fusion PF4004 4 Channel amplifier 80w RMS per channel, 2 channels power the rear Fusion PP-FR6520 6.5" speakers 110w RMS, 2 channels powering the front Fusion PP-CM650 6.5" components 120w RMS. Also have a Fusion CP-AS1080 8" slim active subwoofer under each front seat 300w RMS.

The inputs into the amplifier are connected with Fusion CA-HIC13 high level input cables. The cable consists of a block at one end which the factory head unit speaker wires are plugged into and then male RCA connectors on the other end which plug straight into the amp. I have one for the front left and front right +/- and one for the rear left and rear right +/-

I had no sound with the amp set to high level input (which it is meant to be on) and then when I switched the button to low level input on the amp I got sound.

However, I then wired up one of the subwoofers and spliced into the front speaker wires coming from the head unit and connected them to a low level converter which then connects via RCA cable to the subwoofer input.

Now I have no sound again.

I can get the sound working by unplugging the front RCA input on the amplifier. By doing this the rear speakers start up for some reason and then if I plug the front input back in everything starts working like it should. But then if I turn my ute off and then on again I will have no sound and will need to do that again if I want sound.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Things to note -
* The amplifier and subwoofers all power on at the same time and all have green power lights on
* Only one sub is connected at the moment as I am waiting on another RCA cable to go from the first subwoofers output to the second subwoofers input
Bigdogevan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 09-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
buddha73

buddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond repute

i suspect the amp is having some sort of an issue with the signal its seeing going into the high level inputs. are the signals you're tapping both high and low freqs, i.e. not just a tweeter or midrange? i'm wondering also if your xlt has extra amplifers on the stock sound system? how do you have the wires running from the amp to the speakers?

you're getting power when you remove the high levels because the factory amp is kicking in.
buddha73 is offline   Reply With Quote