CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
rahmanatl

rahmanatl is on a distinguished road

Subwoofer turns on when car turns on..

Hey guys, just made an account to post this. I got a 12'kicker sub and alpine mrp m450 amp installed yesterday.
When the guy installing it said he was done, i tested it and when the car was on and all doors were closed, the subwoofer would just blare on consistently with the bass even though the radio was off. He then fixed it and i left.
Now when my car is off for atleast 4+ minutes and then i turn it on, the subwoofer blares 4 times for about a second each like boooom boooom boooom boooom (sorry to sound childish lol) so for about 4-5 seconds total. It sounds lounder then it sounds when i play music.
I was wondering what the cause would be and how to fix it.

Its a stock 2014 accord ex sedan with the kicker sub in the trunk and the alpine hooked up on the back of the rear seat in the trunk.
I know determining the cause would be difficult since you can't see all the wiring but if someone had the same problem or something please help.
I am planning on going to the installer guy in a week when i do not have work. Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.
rahmanatl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 04-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

By all means have the installer fix it- some places to start are checking connections of RCAs, LOC (if used) and grounds.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
rahmanatl

rahmanatl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
By all means have the installer fix it- some places to start are checking connections of RCAs, LOC (if used) and grounds.
Yes i will go to the installer but that would have to be on saturday.
Thanks for your reply. I do not know the slightest about this stuff but i will double check to see if the wires are connected strong. And by LOC if you mean line out converter then yes that was used also.
rahmanatl is offline   Reply With Quote