CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 10-19-2000, 04:03 PM   #1
palafox

Made in Mexico

palafox is on a distinguished road

Best deal for L7 and amp

This is the best deal I can get of a pair of L7 12 inch and a ZR600 amp. What do you think?

Is the kicker ZR600 is capable of handling a pair of these babies? Or do you prefer the DX700 D class amp from kicker for these hungry babies?

By the way... these are the best prices I can get :

S12L72 $ 300.00 per sub
1 ZR600 $ 750.00
palafox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 10-19-2000, 07:25 PM   #2
kickerL7

kickerL7 is on a distinguished road

that is wayyy to high. I paid 200 for each one of my L7's. and originally..when i was just going to get 2 12" L7 i was gonna power them with a dx700 and i was quoated at 515 the the dx700. when i decided to get 4 12" i was quoted at 715 for the dx1400. didn't get the 1400 though because their taking so long to produce it. i was getting the dx1400 for 15 bucks over the dealers cost..not sure exactly what i was paying over the dealers cost for the dx700...it wasn't over 30 bucks though. if i were you i'd get the dx700 over the zr600..that's just my opinion though. if i were you i'd just buy an orion hcca 250g4. they have 100 more watts rms and are the same price..or close to it. and if you want to spend the money get an orion 275g4...this is about another 200 or so
kickerL7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2000, 07:38 PM   #3
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

bassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond repute

For 300 dollars you can have a perfect that is way better and a mmats that has proven too be one of the cleanest amps for 700$ the perfects and the mmats are way better than the things you named just my .02 cents. If you still to buy thoses products look on the net you can get them for way cheaper.subs about 249.99.

Paulwaul
bassfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2000, 08:14 PM   #4
kickerL7

the L7's are a good mix of spl and sq. they hit low and hard but aloso have some sq. as far as the amps..it just depends on whatever you like and your budget

Old 10-19-2000, 08:22 PM   #5
killerslp

killerslp is a jewel in the roughkillerslp is a jewel in the roughkillerslp is a jewel in the rough

get the L7's but look somewhere else, 300 is way too much. The only time I saw them was for 250 at a local shop. And about the amp I am using 2 mmats d300hc(1200rms @2ohms) to push 4 of the old round 12" solo barics and those amps have plenty of power to spare. They cost about 650 on the web.
killerslp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2000, 08:31 PM   #6
kickerL7

what kind of a warranty do the mmats have? and if you get them off the internet do they still have the warranty? tons of people on here have them and i've never had a chance to hear them personally because no one around where i live has any..at least not that i know of. how do they compare to orion hcca amps?

Old 10-19-2000, 08:50 PM   #7
killerslp

killerslp is a jewel in the roughkillerslp is a jewel in the roughkillerslp is a jewel in the rough

I got mine from tms-electronics. about 2 months ago one of them blew and i sent it back to tms, from their it was supposed to goback to mmats. But what ever happened it got fixed and it only cost me the 5 dollars to ship it to them. It should be atleast a 1 year warranty and the amps I had before I got the mmats were 2 mtx 1500dx amps and they were nothing compared to these monsters.

Old 10-19-2000, 09:34 PM   #8
palafox

Made in Mexico

Aaarghhh, Im going to cry.

Those prices are the best I could get and they are directly from the Kicker representative in my country (Mexico City).

I feel so jealous when I see cheap prices published on shop stores or by the web but I can not buy from them... why?

Because if I buy, for example, from TMS ELECTRONICS they will charge me for $80 USD for S&H. Add to that ammount the duties and taxes that I have to pay when I receive my package or subs (it varies from a 15% to a 51%).

Thats why, most of the times I have to rely on authorized representatives in my country

I dont know if I can find Orion or MMats amps over here, but believe me, Im trying.

For the Perfects, I have heard a lot about them, but its the same problem. It is very hard to find them, and if you are lucky, and you find them, their price would be 3 or 4 times the price over the US.

Im not complaining, I like your replies so I can get the best my $$ can afford. Thanks a lot for your support. It has been helpful.

I will have a little talk with Kickerīs representative so, maybe, I can get a more decent price.

Old 10-19-2000, 09:47 PM   #9
kickerL7

if your buying 2 12" solo's and either a dx700 or zr 600 from them..they should give you a better deal than what they did. at least take off 50 from the amp and 25 from each sub

Old 10-19-2000, 09:50 PM   #10
kickerL7

how much did they say u could get a dx700 for? u should be able to get the dx700 for like 600 or 650. just go in there with cash and i'm sure they'll take it

Old 10-19-2000, 10:08 PM   #11
killerslp

what you need to do is take a little vacation and drive over here to the US and purchase and install all the stuff and just return home afterwards, how are they going to know you didn't have that stuff their in the first place.

Old 10-19-2000, 10:29 PM   #12
palafox

Made in Mexico

Those prices were fixed for a full cash payment. No credit. Itīs all cash.

Killerslp you are right. I will try to make a little trip to McAllen (1,130 kilometers from mexico city). I think is the best way to beat those prices. *sight* mmmhhh

Old 10-19-2000, 11:40 PM   #13
Skipp

Advisor to The President

Skipp is an unknown quantity at this point

Long drive, huh? Save up lots of $$$, go for a little trip and load up on good old, cheap USA stereo equipment! Nobody will know the difference, and you'll be very happy..
Skipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2000, 03:25 PM   #14
palafox

Made in Mexico

Ok, in McAllen I have found only 1 shop that sells car audio equipment.

Where, I mean city, do you think I will find more equipment or options?

Laredo? Corpus Cristi? South Padre Island?