CarAudioForum.com

Old 09-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
rockertopper

rockertopper is on a distinguished road

FI SP4 15s

So I've got 4 FI SP4 15s and changing things up a bit. Right now they are in a 20 cube ported enclosure @ 30HZ. wanting to go louder with them and thinking of going bandpass. Been playing around in WinISD a bit. I know its not exact number but it kinda helps to give an idea of the response in the enclosure. Below is 4 diffent enclosure I've come up with. Two are 4th order two are 6th order with one of each including an isobaric configuration. What do you guys think? Which would you go with? the vehicle does regularly show at events.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2hzllz9.jpg

would like to retain some musicality so not really liking the light blue one although it does have a hella peak note around the 45Hz range.
rockertopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 09-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

6th order will probably be the loudest. TBH, I wouldn't bother with a bandpass, I'd just raise the tuning frequency. If it's possible to just cut off some of your port, I'd probably start there.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
rockertopper

rockertopper is on a distinguished road

Well that's the thing, if I raise tuning frequency it kills bottom end pretty good on the ported enclosure. Trying to get louder while still retaining some of the low frequency range.

So you think out of those 4 the 6th order would be loudest? Which one? the Isobaric configuration or the standard setup?
rockertopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockertopper View Post
Well that's the thing, if I raise tuning frequency it kills bottom end pretty good on the ported enclosure. Trying to get louder while still retaining some of the low frequency range.

So you think out of those 4 the 6th order would be loudest? Which one? the Isobaric configuration or the standard setup?
Isobaric won't get louder, it'll just take up half the space. I think the purple one with the double peaks will work best, especially if you have a bass boost on the amp centered around ~45hz. Then you could just boost 45hz and flatten out that curve.

Another option I've seen is a ported enclosure built with swappable ports so you can tune high when you want to get loud and a longer port for tuning low.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote