CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-20-2017, 05:20 AM   #16
creatip

creatip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
You can figure about 2 liters for the sub. Don't forget you need to account for the port too.
Got it. I'll go with 59L then. 2L for the speaker, 1L for everything else (port is 0.77L, for 3" diameter, 6.67" long)
creatip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #17
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatip View Post
Got it. I'll go with 59L then. 2L for the speaker, 1L for everything else (port is 0.77L, for 3" diameter, 6.67" long)
That should be close enough. Good luck with the project.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #18
creatip

creatip is on a distinguished road

Hi just wanna update on this topic/issue.

Got the box today from the custom shop I ordered from.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...pst0ix89ll.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscbndywpg.jpg

It's 47x47x35cm. The amp is built-in type. The amp's body went inside the box, and only showing the faceplate on the outside, like those in active speakers. I went to find a 3" PVC pipe, but their 3" turned out to be 9cm (3.54") in outer diameter. So I went back to the port length calculator site, and got the length of 26.3cm.

Wired the speaker in series (8 ohm), because the amp can't handle 2 ohm stable, but I'd like to use both VC. Turned out even in 8 ohm, it's quite loud. I couldn't even turn the gain knob more than 12 o'clock, as it would rattle everything in my minivan and overpower my 6" door speakers badly.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...pslz7uvuws.jpg

As for the sound, I was really surprised. It really sounds good. I know for sure that the speaker unit and the amp are cheap stuffs, so I certainly didn't expect it to turn out so good. I mean, I've heard better stuffs of course, but I've also heard worse stuffs coming from more expensive speakers.

It's not boomy (which I was afraid of). The kicks are tight but still got some reverb feels to it (not entirely flat kicks). It's certainly a big upgrade from my previous pre-fabricated 10" bass tube. I know I got the two of you to thank, so thank you guys very much.

Now I'm considering to change the speaker pair in the middle doors to 6" midbass pair. The speakers I'm using in the middle doors now are old Blaupunkt 2-way coaxial, from the previous owner. I still feel there's a frequency gap between the 6" door speakers and the sub, although I've set the sub's amp to 'full' mode instead of LPF mode.

Last edited by creatip; 03-29-2017 at 10:01 AM.
creatip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #19
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

A higher end set of component speakers could help with the "frequency gap." First I'd try running the LPF at around 100hz and I'd also try the sub in reverse phase to see if that cleans up the gap.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote