CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Manufacturer's Forums > RE Audio / US Amps

Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
tomsteve

tomsteve will become famous soon enoughtomsteve will become famous soon enough

another re audio xxx enclosure question( or questions)

hey all. hope everyone is doin good today. i got another thread i started here about enclosure design:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=348443

havent gotten started ont he build yet, other to install hushmat in the trunk( pullin the interior about to hushmat it all will be fun, but the seats are gonna have to come out anyways to get the enclosure in the trunk. 2011 mistubishi lancers dont have crap for a trunk opening. just lookin at the trunk i feel he should get a 1976 caddy!
so, anyways, i talked to a man that knows some on enclosures. letting him know the type fo music that will be played( metallica, hendrix, pantera, nugent.... all that music with real instruments) plus lookin at sound quality,he suggested a sealed enclosure for better response.
this would really open the door for me on design/building this to be able to fit it and the amps in the trunk better.
now my concern is if a sealed enclosure cause damage to the subs( nope,didnt think about askin the man about this). ive read that a ported enclosre not designed properly can damage the subs, which makes sense,but i cant explain, but what about a sealed enclosure?
tomsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
beanerman85

beanerman85 is a jewel in the roughbeanerman85 is a jewel in the roughbeanerman85 is a jewel in the rough

Any box ported or not, if not designed properly can damage any sub. So make sure they go by the recommendation for the box with the displacement and you will be good.
beanerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
BLuERuMM

BLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to behold

Recommended means jack ****.
BLuERuMM is offline   Reply With Quote