CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 05-17-2017, 01:02 AM   #1
brewcitymike

brewcitymike will become famous soon enough

how do I hook up a voltage regulator to two alternators?

Like the title says, I will be installing my dual alt setup and I was gonna order the transpo voltage regulator and I need to know how to wire both alts to the regulator? Is it even possible? Do I simply repeat the process of hooking it up to the first alt? If you know any links to a video tutorial I'd really appreciate that

Also, If my 1/0 is capable of 250A @ 20ft but my alt is 350, is the cable capable of the extra 100a when the wire is as short as the big 3 typically is or do I need to double the 1/0 and add the correct fuse OR, is the stock wire capable of handling those 100 or so amps?

Last edited by brewcitymike; 05-17-2017 at 01:39 AM.
brewcitymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcitymike View Post
Like the title says, I will be installing my dual alt setup and I was gonna order the transpo voltage regulator and I need to know how to wire both alts to the regulator? Is it even possible? Do I simply repeat the process of hooking it up to the first alt? If you know any links to a video tutorial I'd really appreciate that

Also, If my 1/0 is capable of 250A @ 20ft but my alt is 350, is the cable capable of the extra 100a when the wire is as short as the big 3 typically is or do I need to double the 1/0 and add the correct fuse OR, is the stock wire capable of handling those 100 or so amps?
The stock wire is probably good for 100amps. You'll be doing the big 4 since you have 2 alts.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
brewcitymike

brewcitymike will become famous soon enough

what about hooking both of them to the regulator??

and is the 4th in big four the jump wire from alt to alt??

something popped in my head so I'll ask. If the alt are connected with a jump wire, then would just hooking one of them to the regulator allow control of both? If so how do I decide which one to wire it it?...the more powerful one???

Last edited by brewcitymike; 05-17-2017 at 10:05 PM.
brewcitymike is offline   Reply With Quote