CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 02-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #151
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtroupe View Post
I'm going to change the four channel speakers to non bridged and try it. Like i said that amp keeps going into protect mode everytime i turn it up. At max gain/volume right now on the front speakers i kid you not sounds like i have two phone speakers in my doors.
So you have 4 speakers bridged on an amp? Sorry Im not going to go back through all these posts to see what you have connected. My guess is the amp cant handle the impedance load or the fact that you have the gain turned all the way up tells me that you did not tune your system. you could also have some polarity issues.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 12:37 AM   #152
smtroupe

smtroupe is infamous around these parts

first of all you are in mesa AZ so am i'm so how much beer do i need to bring to have you look this over lol. https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pow.../dp/B01CV1PECE this is the amp i'm using and i just noticed something i missread. I read bridge 2 ohm stable. it says "bridged 4 ohm stable", meaning i would have to have 8 ohm speakers to bridge? or wiring them in series? that sounds stupid. so clearly i have them wired to two ohm hence why they are "half as loud" and the amp is going into protect. ok so i'll fix that tomorrow that should be huge. Tomorrow i'm also going to walmart and buying a **** ton of cotton fill and putting it in the box, will it help idk i'm willing to spent 10 $ to find out because this box sounds like garbage and it isn't the build quality it is solid, but sounds like a midget beating a small drum in a hollow refrigerator box. hell i can't even get a solid low note out of it. I'm going to re-re-recheck the connections tomorrow and make sure i'm running a solid 1 ohm to the amp before something blows, but they are running in synch as far as i can tell which isn't worth a grain of salt of coarse because it can look different then it is. I'm also typing this after a few birthday drinks so please take all my frustration with a grain of salt. tomorrow is a new day hopefully this is all salvagable.

Last edited by smtroupe; 02-15-2018 at 02:16 AM.
smtroupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #153
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
first of all you are in mesa AZ so am i'm so how much beer do i need to bring to have you look this over lol. https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pow.../dp/B01CV1PECE this is the amp i'm using and i just noticed something i missread. I read bridge 2 ohm stable. it says "bridged 4 ohm stable", meaning i would have to have 8 ohm speakers to bridge? or wiring them in series? that sounds stupid. so clearly i have them wired to two ohm hence why they are "half as loud" and the amp is going into protect. ok so i'll fix that tomorrow that should be huge. Tomorrow i'm also going to walmart and buying a **** ton of cotton fill and putting it in the box, will it help idk i'm willing to spent 10 $ to find out because this box sounds like garbage and it isn't the build quality it is solid, but sounds like a midget beating a small drum in a hollow refrigerator box. hell i can't even get a solid low note out of it. I'm going to re-re-recheck the connections tomorrow and make sure i'm running a solid 1 ohm to the amp before something blows, but they are running in synch as far as i can tell which isn't worth a grain of salt of coarse because it can look different then it is. I'm also typing this after a few birthday drinks so please take all my frustration with a grain of salt. tomorrow is a new day hopefully this is all salvagable.
You're saying those subs aren't producing ridiculous amounts of bass? If so, then make sure you don't have the phase reversed on one of the subs or coils. Don't put polyfil in the enclosure, I very seriously doubt it's going to help. Just taking guesses as to your problem is just going to waste a lot of time and money. Identify the problem and it's cause and fix it. From you previous posts you seemed to be indicating too much sub-bass, now there isn't enough???

4 channel amps generally aren't stable at 2 ohms when bridged. You need to run the amp in 4 channel mode. You're speakers aren't "half as loud" because you were running them in 2 ohms.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #154
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to behold

Hah if I had some free time I would be glad to help you but I have 3 side jobs going right now and I will be traveling out of town for my real job in 2 weeks so time is limited.

Post up what you find after going back through things.
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 12:10 AM   #155
smtroupe

the speakers unquestionably sound better now. They sound correct. funny story though... had to take the dash apart for the 7th time to replace a dead rca... so that is fixed now too lol this build is haunting me. i need to take the subs out tomorrow and check the wiring again. I'm wiring them up negative to negative then over to the other sub negative to negative the same way then out to the amp, the positives are wired in the same way but the lead comes out of the other side of the negative that is correct? the subs sound very all or nothing right now, not good at all. I think the box tuning being so low is messing up everything that isn't super low bass... thanks guys keep the advice coming.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #156
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the box is tuned too low, you should still be getting significant sub bass output. Sometimes a VC gets wired backwards, so although you wired it correctly, it's out of phase. You can check VC polarity with a 9v battery. The cone should go out when the battery is connected in phase with the VC.

Old Yesterday, 04:23 AM   #157
smtroupe

There is plenty of bass just can't make much out if it. I'll have to check the vc I guess to make sure that would be that cherry on this poo Sundae ha. Never have had any kind of trouble like this. But I'm getting it closer to where it is at least tolerable. Problem is I'm shaking all my neighbors houses trying to tune it so can't do it all at once ha

Old Yesterday, 04:57 AM   #158
smtroupe

There is plenty of bass just can't make much out if it. I'll have to check the vc I guess to make sure that would be that cherry on this poo Sundae ha. Never have had any kind of trouble like this. But I'm getting it closer to where it is at least tolerable. Problem is I'm shaking all my neighbors houses trying to tune it so can't do it all at once ha

Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #159
Jimi77

Quote:
They're shaking your neighbor's house, but they "sound like a midget beating a small drum in a hollow refrigerator box." You have an odd way of describing things. If they're shaking your neighbors house, then I highly doubt there is a coil out of phase anywhere.