CarAudioForum.com

Old 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
Fatty

Royal Tenebaum

Location: Chillin', like a villian, balloon filling, whack MC killing and the fine ho drilling.
Fatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond repute

Powered sub

Was thinking about an all in one powered sub for a semi. Don't want something too permanant and too big. Don't care if its not knocking the filling out of my teeth but would like some lowerish end. Buddy has a mismatched pair of 12 kicker/RF with a soundstream amp and box for $175. Probably not a bad deal but i don't want anything that cumbersome in there. Its got a decently decent factory system, just needs some low end.

I know i'll get flamed but what about the cheaper knock off brands? Don't want to spend a pile of money. I've never been around a basstube or anything smaller like that before.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NYC-Acous...&wl13=&veh=sem

They have a 10 for $80
Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-17-2018, 02:57 AM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't cost too much more to do something satisfying that won't leave you disappointed and thinking you just wasted $80-100 :no flaming:

1) pre-fab sealed enclosure

2) entry level woofer from reputable manufacturer < $100

3) entry level mono amp

If you wanted to do something like a bass tube, a Sundown 8" in a sonotube with MDF ends and a cheap mono amp would work too. PPI and Soundstream mono amps can sometimes be had around $100.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
Fatty

Royal Tenebaum

Location: Chillin', like a villian, balloon filling, whack MC killing and the fine ho drilling.
Fatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond reputeFatty has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...Qww8IPA&adurl=

Want something like this, all in one, can move from vehicle to vehicle. Used or cheap. Don't want a project. Only 7.5 amp fuse bothers me though.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
Constantine90

Constantine90 is just really niceConstantine90 is just really niceConstantine90 is just really niceConstantine90 is just really niceConstantine90 is just really nice

Most of us here won't suggest something like you linked.
We don't like to see folks waste time and money on such things.

Other options are more costly but as stated above, you can get by with not much more $.

You can buy the prefab sub box and a subwoofer, not much work to be done, just install it into the box.
Buy an amp, attatch it to the box. (usually not recommended but will make it more porteable)
And install a simple wiring kit, which has to be installed with an all in one unit like you want any way.

If you go with a 350 rms or so setup, music reproduction will be more noticeable and won't over power what you have now.

If you're dead set on an all in one style setup then you'll have to make the choice to to that on your own.
If it doesn't work out then we can help you get what you want after that.
The unit doesn't have any resale value so you won't get back what you gave for it in most cases.

I see that you've been around for a long time, I feel like you should know this.

Last edited by Constantine90; 01-18-2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: You trollin' mayne?
Constantine90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
Fatty

Royal Tenebaum

Nah. Not trolling. I know that subs themselves are overrated. I know that fuse capacity=amp capability. I realize that is looking for probably more of a mid to lower end thump, not looking to hit below 40hz, and mildly at that.

Surely there is a all in one truck speaker setup that I can find used somewhere. 200 amp,10 inch, wedge style all in one........

Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

I'd keep an eye out for the JBL powered sub- may find one used (Amazon showed one).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

While not something that will set the world on fire, it is one of the better performing powered sub options for those who look for that type of setup.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #7
creatip

creatip is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm by no mean an expert, far from it, but I've been through the similar road.

- First time, I got an all-in 10" local brand bass tube. Like Constantine said, you'd still have to install the wiring (power, ground, fuses) yourself, either with all-in unit or a unit you build. The bass tube was a NICE addition to the mid-bass. Didn't go too low, but kicked quite hard in the mid bass region. Miles better than relying on the kicks from door speakers. The bad thing, as it's cheap and quite poorly made, the nails on the flap of the tube port got loose after a while, so it was rattling, wood vs wood. Had to add a few long nails from the outside to stop the rattling.

- Second time, I got a 12" sub unit for free. It's a cheap stuff anyway, non branded Chinese stuff. Built a ported box, about 30cm x 30cm x 40cm (not exactly that, but somewhere around that). Got a cheap Chinese monoblock amp. Compared to the bass tube, this one goes lower in frequency, but I lost a bit of mid bass, compared to the bass tube. Mounted the amp to the box. So I'd just have to disconnect the wires from the amp to take the box out, if I need the space in the trunk. It should be logical, but be extra careful dealing with open power wires, after taking the box out of the car. I usually take away the fuses from the fuse boxes, so the (+) wire is disconnected from the battery. Total I spent on this boxed sub was around 100 bucks, even if I counted the sub's cost (which I got for free)
creatip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #8
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aiwa-Powere...8AAOSwLgNaToaJ
You probably already have a cig lighter power inverter.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote