CarAudioForum.com

Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #1
toeknee

toeknee is on a distinguished road

Big 3

Gentlemen just wondering if I should do the BIG 3 in my 2014 ram? I do get the dimming headlights and my battery volt meter in the truck ocassionaly drops to 12v. If yes what would be a good kit to get my hands on?????

Thanks
toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-12-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

They don't make a "big 3 kit," you generally place larger gauge wire between the alternator charging terminal and the battery positive post, the chassis ground and the battery negative post, and the engine ground to chassis ground. You do this for the purpose of working around bottlenecks in the factory charging circuit wires that may or may not be present on your vehicle. That means to do the upgrade, you need some copper wire of an appropriate gauge, and some ring terminals which fit all of the above.

Depending on what you are using for amplifiers, what alternator capacity your truck has, the condition of the battery/battery terminals (and connections), and what you are using for amplifier grounding points, it may or may not help. Tell us more about your install if you want an idea of what you should be looking at doing.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
ckeeler11

ckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to beholdckeeler11 is a splendid one to behold

Solid Kit here:

http://www.wireandsupply.com/BIG_3_U...-custom-00.htm
ckeeler11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler11 View Post
Well I'll be darned...let me rephrase- they didn't used to make big 3 kits .

Old 01-12-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
smtroupe

smtroupe is infamous around these parts

There is a kit on knukoncepts too
smtroupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
toeknee

toeknee is on a distinguished road

Thanx gentlemen. I’m running 2SA SD, cab1600.1 and a 4channel planet audio for mids and highs. Not to sure on the grounding point of the planet audio as a shop installed it, and the cab is grounded to the frame of the truck.
toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

What fuse rating does the CAB amp require? What fusing is onboard the Planet Audio amplifier? What vehicle do you have? What engine? (trying to figure out what amperage the alternator produces)