CarAudioForum.com

Old 12-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
skatforninezero

skatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud of

2017 VW Jetta

Does anyone have any information on this car with respect to using a Line Output Converter? I am trying to keep stock radio, and am unsure if I need to spring for an audiocontrol sc2i, or if I can get away with a cheaper LOC for now. Head Unit is coming later, so I'd rather not spend 70$ on LOC if the stock radio doesn't cut the low end at higher volumes. I haven't been able to find any info on that. It is the base, 4 speaker system btw.
skatforninezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

You can use an inexpensive LOC. VW Purple wire connects to grey(loc). VW Brown connects to Grey/Black(loc). VW Green connects to White wire(loc). VW Grey wire connects to White/Black wire(loc).
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #3
skatforninezero

skatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud of

Awesome thank you so much
skatforninezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
crapola

Chief Pessimist!

crapola is on a distinguished road

I've got a 2017 Jetta as well, and I've been looking into options for retaining the factory radio and using a LOC to facilitate setting up an amp, but without cutting a single factory wire.

Oddly, the only radio wiring harness adapters available are those to install an aftermarket radio, but none are confirmed to work a 2016-2017 Jetta while retaining all factory functionality (steering wheel controls, backup camera, MFI feedback to the dash, etc). In earlier models, 2015 and earlier, there is an iDataLink from Maestro available, the VW1, but the only 2016 and newer VW/Audi vehicle its works with is a 2016 VW EOS. http://maestro.idatalink.com/accesso...product_id/324

Wanting to find a solution that does not require cutting or splicing into the factory factory, I've kept digging and searching for information and details. It appears the 2016+ VW/Audi cars use a 52-pin QuadLock ISO connector, though this might only be the case if originally equipped with Apple Car Play.

With the 52-pin quadlock information, I've located adapters available in the UK and Germany that connect directly between the factory plug and radio that splits the speaker and power, allowing you to run the factory wires to your LOC, Amp, or DSP with LOC, and then another plug to run wires from your Amp back to the factory speakers. I've ordered one and am awaiting delivery and will then be able to confirm if this works. See link below:

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...ptor-lead.html
crapola is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #5
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

That adapter looks promising. For $23~ it's low risk, possibly high reward.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote