CarAudioForum.com

Old 01-21-2018, 04:06 AM   #1
airnitro

airnitro is on a distinguished road

Are these compatible??

2 10' dvc subs, 400 rms, 800 peak

monoblock class D 2000 watt max, 1000 watt rms @ 2 ohms, 500 watt rms @ 4 ohms.

Subs will be wired to 4 ohm load. 400rmsx2=800 rms @ 4 ohms, but amp will supply 500rms @ 4 ohms.

just want to know if this will work or if if will potentially harm my system.

Sorry if this is a simple/dumb question. Thanks

Last edited by airnitro; 01-21-2018 at 04:59 AM.
airnitro is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-21-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
airnitro

Also it says power handling: 50-400 watts RMS (200 watts per coil). What does this mean? Thanks

Last edited by airnitro; 01-21-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Because manufacturers vary so much in terms of specifications (some are accurate and be counted on, some are works of fiction), you'll get better feedback and a more reliable answer if you mention exact brands and model numbers. Links to the exact products you are wondering about are always good.

Ratings given as "max" or "peak" have no basis in reality, so don't bother trying to match things up using such numbers .
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
airnitro

Subs: 2 10” Kicker 10cvr104

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_2061CV...0cvr104&tp=111

Amp: Kenwood KAC-9106D

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KAC...KAC-9106D.html

Thank you!

Old 01-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can wire them to 4 ohms and the amp will put out 500wrms and everything should be good. However, if you can return those subs, I would suggest doing so - FS is pretty high for a subwoofer and QTS is ridiculously high unless you plan to run them on an infinite baffle.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
JohnBauder

JohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to all

That amp is underpowered for those subs. A rule of thumb is that the amp power should be at least 3/4 of the RMS of the sub(s). It won't hurt the subs or the amp but it may not give you the volume you want. If you already own the subs and amp hook it up and see if its loud enough for your taste.

If you haven't already bought the amp you might consider one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Precision...=sem#read-more It has more power than you need but that's OK if you set the gain right.
JohnBauder is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
nauc

nauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond reputenauc has a reputation beyond repute

id return both amp and subs and get an amp thats stable at 1 ohm (buy 2 dual 4 ohm subs, wire them to get 1 ohm). you can get more power/watts for your buck that way

Last edited by nauc; 01-21-2018 at 06:03 PM.
nauc is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #8
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauc View Post
id return both amp and subs and get an amp thats stable at 1 ohm (buy 2 dual 4 ohm subs, wire them to get 1 ohm). you can get more power/watts for your buck that way
Good point on the amp. That Kenwood is a decent amp, but there definitely better options. Personally, you couldn't give me the subs.

Spend a few dollars more on a decent sub like the ID or Inciminator.

http://www.woofersetc.com/c-23-subwo...subwoofer.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com...subwoofer.html

Soundqubed if you're porting and looking for a bit more SPL.
http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com...subwoofer.html

Old 01-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #9
airnitro

Thank you guys for the input. I will most likely return them both and get a new set-up. I really appreciate the replys.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #10
Jimi77

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnitro View Post
Thank you guys for the input. I will most likely return them both and get a new set-up. I really appreciate the replys.
Keep in mind you need to pick your subs based on the type of enclosure you plan to use and the results you want from the subs. The Kickers would have been a good choice if you were planning on an infinite baffle type of install.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:51 AM   #11
airnitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Keep in mind you need to pick your subs based on the type of enclosure you plan to use and the results you want from the subs. The Kickers would have been a good choice if you were planning on an infinite baffle type of install.
The sub box I am using is a sealed box. I'm not familiar with infinite baffle... will this box support these subs? I really wish i asked these questions before i purchased everything

sub box:http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayI...1&secureDesc=0

Old 01-22-2018, 01:24 AM   #12
Jimi77

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnitro View Post
The sub box I am using is a sealed box. I'm not familiar with infinite baffle... will this box support these subs? I really wish i asked these questions before i purchased everything

sub box:http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayI...1&secureDesc=0
The ID and Incriminator subs I linked should work with that box. There are a lot of 10s that will work with it.

However, I'd be concerned about how that box works with the car. That looks like a bass trap box, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get much output with it. Basically it will wall off the bass from the cabin.