CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 01-19-2018, 12:11 AM   #121
JohnBauder

JohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to allJohnBauder is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtroupe View Post
Do you know any goo options for double din screens, i'm over fighting this pos sony
The best mid price HUs are made by Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine. Pioneer has the biggest selections and features. I would go to the Crutchfield site and search for Pioneer Double Din, sort them by price and buy the lowest cost HU that has the features you want.
JohnBauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 02:51 AM   #122
smtroupe

smtroupe is infamous around these parts

for now i will just use splitters on the rcas for the 4 channel amp side and run the rears as sub out puts. just need the amp replaced.
smtroupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #123
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Try the subwoofer RCAs in the 4 channel amp and see what happens. You can try an iPhone (or Android phone) as the input on the amp to isolate it to the amp.

Quote:
I tried this and got no volume, so one thing i know for sure is the deck sub out is not sending a signal. Do you know any goo options for double din screens, i'm over fighting this pos sony
So the subwoofer amp works with iPhone as the input?

Quote:
If you have a multimeter, then just check for output voltage on the subwoofer preamp lines using a ~50hz test tone at full volume.
I would do this to make sure the subwoofer outputs are indeed dead.

I'm a fan of Pioneer HUs myself. Kenwood & Alpine also make good HUs.
Jimi77 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #124
smtroupe

I don't own a iPhone, the subs don't operate at all with that amp, so there is no signal. I'll test with a meter to be sure. But for now I have the front components bridged on the four channel with one sub on the other as a temp situation. The vehicle hardly gets driven so not to worried about the amp pushing the sub alot. Sounds like the company I ordered from off Amazon is going to refund or replace for free no questions. Just waiting on the mailing slip. The one sub sounds amazing already even at the little watts the four channel is putting out. Ps the one sub is wired to two ohms so should be fine bridged on this amp for the one or two times it gets played till I get the new amp. I'm either going to order a new deck or run the front rca's to the four channel with a splitter and the rear rca's to the mono block, since the stereo appears to be running the subs settings out or the rear rca's because of the sub/rear setting I can't find. Which I'm guessing is also the reason the rca's art getting signal. I did run the four channels rcas on the mono block to try today and still no sound so amp is dead for sure

Last edited by smtroupe; 01-20-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #125
smtroupe

Waiting for refund the ordering the new amp and deck. There is a pioneer one on Crutchfield for 220$ with the installation kit https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130201....html?tp=20217
Or I might just go with a cheaper single din and just save the money

Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #126
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful with Pioneers. They're good HU's, but if you hook them up hot, you blow a pico fuse inside the HU and then you'll have engine noise. Kenwoods have the same problem.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:31 AM   #127
smtroupe

Quote:
Be careful with Pioneers. They're good HU's, but if you hook them up hot, you blow a pico fuse inside the HU and then you'll have engine noise. Kenwoods have the same problem.
Who do you suggest? i actually will probably go with a single din and save some money. No need for the screen really. I'm already getting engine noise from something. I'm using rockford rca's x2 and another set i bought from knukocepts. they are ran opposite of the power wire. But this corvette engine puts out alot of feedback so idk if i can avoid it.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #128
Jimi77

Quote:
Who do you suggest? i actually will probably go with a single din and save some money. No need for the screen really. I'm already getting engine noise from something. I'm using rockford rca's x2 and another set i bought from knukocepts. they are ran opposite of the power wire. But this corvette engine puts out alot of feedback so idk if i can avoid it.
It's not the engine. Could be the RF RCA's. I recommend Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine for HUs. Pioneer is my first choice. Just don't hook it up hot and you won't have any problems. Fix the ground and that will eliminate engine noise.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:21 AM   #129
smtroupe

How do you tell what receivers are good? since i'm only using the rca's wouldn't most be identical? there is a bunch on crutchfield for under 150 that all look like good options. i just want solid bluetooth with no static !! lol

Old 01-30-2018, 03:45 AM   #130
Jimi77

Quote:
How do you tell what receivers are good? since i'm only using the rca's wouldn't most be identical? there is a bunch on crutchfield for under 150 that all look like good options. i just want solid bluetooth with no static !! lol
I installed a Kenwood for my niece recently and it worked good. Can't remember the model number or price, but I remember we were looking for cheap with Bluetooth, so similar price range. Make sure your new HU has the subwoofer channel. It's been working good for her, no noise, although I suspect your noise issue is the amp ground.

Not all RCAs are created equal. You want a good shielded set. I like the KnuKonceptz Klarity for good affordable cables.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #131
smtroupe

Quote:
I installed a Kenwood for my niece recently and it worked good. Can't remember the model number or price, but I remember we were looking for cheap with Bluetooth, so similar price range. Make sure your new HU has the subwoofer channel. It's been working good for her, no noise, although I suspect your noise issue is the amp ground.

Not all RCAs are created equal. You want a good shielded set. I like the KnuKonceptz Klarity for good affordable cables.
Where would you recommend i mount the ground too? i have searched through all the tbss forums and no one has a better answer.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:46 PM   #132
Jimi77

Quote:
Where would you recommend i mount the ground too? i have searched through all the tbss forums and no one has a better answer.
The answer is almost always NOT to the seat or seat belt bolt. You drill a hole in the floor pan and mount there. Seal the hole with silicon or grease to prevent rust.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:52 AM   #133
smtroupe

Quote:
The answer is almost always NOT to the seat or seat belt bolt. You drill a hole in the floor pan and mount there. Seal the hole with silicon or grease to prevent rust.
that sounds scary just drilling a random hole in the floor. I will have to pull the carpet our and see if i see and flat spots that are not super thick.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:09 PM   #134
smtroupe

so here is the update, new amp came. unhooked the battery, mounted everything. checked all the rca's in both amps in all slots= front rca's and rear rca's have full sound. the sub rca's pluged into the mono block, i was getting no sound. but when i put the subs rca in the front rca input there is sound it is just very low hence why i couldn't hear it in the subs at all. So as it sits until i get the new deck. front rca's in front input. rear rca's are in the mono block, and i through the sub rca's in the rear input on the 4 channel. I'm going to call sony tomorrow and figure out how to turn that sub rca to get louder. after like 10 volume they stop increasing in volume and i have the "sub" setting on the deck to the highest and that is the only setting i see that would affect that.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:20 PM   #135
Jimi77

Quote:
that sounds scary just drilling a random hole in the floor. I will have to pull the carpet our and see if i see and flat spots that are not super thick.
The floor pan should have uniform thickness. You need to make sure you're not drilling into anything on the other side of the floor pan. The rear firewall is usually a good ground spot too.