CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 02-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
hendry91

hendry91 is on a distinguished road

RCA's and preouts for 2 amps

Hi,

I have the following set up;

Pioneer GM-D8604 4 channel amp to power Alpine SPR-60 fronts and Alpine SPR-69 rears.

Pioneer GM-D8601 Mono amp for Alpine SWR-12D4 subwoofer.

The issue i have is linking these amps to my Sony CDX-G1000U headunit, i seem to have two pairs of RCA outputs on the back of HU but they are both rear outputs, and there is a subwoofer output which looks like a 3.5mm female headphone jack. I understand i will lose the fade ability but thats not too much of an issue.

Am i ok to use the two RCA output pairs to the 4 channel amp and then use the RCA output from the 4 channel amp to the mono amp. Or shall i utilise the sub output on the HU or use one pair of RCA outputs for each amp with a splitter for the 4 channel amp.

Hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated!
hendry91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 02-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

You can use any combination of outputs just as long as the signals going into the amp isn't filtered. I'm pretty sure the 4ch amp has a pass through signal, you don't have to worry about it.

Also, you should be able to get a splitter or converter for that mono output from the deck.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
hendry91

hendry91 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help Vestax, i took delivery of the mono amp yesterday and it comes with a bass boost control so i think i will use that rather than using HU subwoofer control via the HU output. Also will double check with pionner that the 4 channel output has no filter then i can use a small rca lead to link the amps.

Thanks again
hendry91 is offline   Reply With Quote