CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Build Logs

Old 02-14-2017, 03:30 AM   #1
Dolgi81

Dolgi81 is on a distinguished road

Sound deadening fibreglass sub box!!

Hi guys. I'm new to custom DIY car audio and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm going to be constructing a fibreglass sub box in my ute behind my seat. The box will be moulded onto metal and sit up hard against it when built. I was thinking of putting sound deadening between the box and the metal to stop vibration. Question is should I put the sound deadening on first and fibreglass mould over it or should I fibreglass first and sound deadening after? If I sound deaden first, will it pull off when I remove the mould? I was thinking to sound deadening first then mould so its a tight fit when I put the box in. I'm going to be using dynamat and have been told that its really sticky and shouldn't pull off. I'm going to be using painters tape to stick the fibreglass onto, will the tape pull the sound deadening of when I remove the mould? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Dolgi81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 02-14-2017, 05:49 AM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolgi81 View Post
Hi guys. I'm new to custom DIY car audio and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm going to be constructing a fibreglass sub box in my ute behind my seat. The box will be moulded onto metal and sit up hard against it when built. I was thinking of putting sound deadening between the box and the metal to stop vibration. Question is should I put the sound deadening on first and fibreglass mould over it or should I fibreglass first and sound deadening after? If I sound deaden first, will it pull off when I remove the mould? I was thinking to sound deadening first then mould so its a tight fit when I put the box in. I'm going to be using dynamat and have been told that its really sticky and shouldn't pull off. I'm going to be using painters tape to stick the fibreglass onto, will the tape pull the sound deadening of when I remove the mould? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Your plan should work just fine. You'll also want to deaden the fiberglass itself. You can use modeling clay to deaden the fiberglass.

Good luck with the project.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
SPL_Krayzie112

SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough

Dynamat or b-quiet should do the job.
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote