CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Build Logs

Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 AM   #1
sakana420

sakana420 is infamous around these partssakana420 is infamous around these parts

Sq components and 4 channel amp

I'm new to this . Please don't be to hard on me . Right now I'm running a low model ID components and a low line 4 by 75 amp . I plan to change it out with a new set up . I'll be willing to spend about 800-1000.

For taste in music I like to listen to a wide variety. Mostly rnb , rap , and slow jams . I want my speakers to be smooth and not bright . I want to be able to hear all my notes and vocals .

The brands I've been hearing people talk about are . Rainbows profi's , hybrid Clarus , CDT , morel , helix , and focals . I've listened to the top of line focals and its to bright .

For amps I've been looking at z series zapco , zed audio , sundown , HD JL audio , arc audio , and hertz .

I know it's all about preference and there's no perfect answer . I just want to see what people have to say .
sakana420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

bassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Just take a look through the forums and it should answer your questions..
bassfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #3
buddha73

buddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakana420 View Post
I'm new to this . Please don't be to hard on me . Right now I'm running a low model ID components and a low line 4 by 75 amp . I plan to change it out with a new set up . I'll be willing to spend about 800-1000.

For taste in music I like to listen to a wide variety. Mostly rnb , rap , and slow jams . I want my speakers to be smooth and not bright . I want to be able to hear all my notes and vocals .

The brands I've been hearing people talk about are . Rainbows profi's , hybrid Clarus , CDT , morel , helix , and focals . I've listened to the top of line focals and its to bright .

For amps I've been looking at z series zapco , zed audio , sundown , HD JL audio , arc audio , and hertz .

I know it's all about preference and there's no perfect answer . I just want to see what people have to say .

unfortunately comp sets in that range aren't the norm around here. have you checked out rainbow at all? never used morels but like rainbow nothing but good things heard about them.

Last edited by buddha73; 12-17-2015 at 11:02 PM.
buddha73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakana420 View Post

You should be able to get an excellent setup with any of those brands you listed and your budget. Do you have the opportunity to listen to more comps locally to see which sound best to your ears? If you like the entry level ID comps you have now you may also want to look into the XS65 series from ID as well as Hertz.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

bassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Just about any of those brands will do great.
http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplif...amplifier.html
http://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-spea...nt-system.html
bassfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #6
8Layerjunkie

8Layerjunkie is on a distinguished road

If Focal are too bright, I'd go with any neo midst and silk dome tweets. Like I learned along time ago, it's not what you buy, it's how good you set it up for your application. Let's say you drive a Lexus car, and I drive a honda civic, I have focal, or morel. And you have prime Fosgate. Which is better? Depends. . If the Lexus has been installed with ďeaďner and fiberglass pod with kick panels, my money Is on the eLexus. Ive seen a guy prove this theory. Went to a spl competition, bought generic name sub,amp and built a bad *** box, went up against guys with 5 amps n subs. He had 1 -15" sub and a generic 3000 watt amp, he came in 2nd place w 151 db. If I were you I'd invest in deadner, kick panels and etc. American Bass, Sundown audio, Precision Power all make good mids and highs. Then do like a Sundown SAE 125.4 amp.
8Layerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote