CarAudioForum.com

Old 01-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Dizzle999

Dizzle999 is on a distinguished road

Remote wire problem

Evening all, just after some help. Iím not massively into my audio but Iím hoping you can shed some light for me. Iíve recently bought a JVC headunit. Is it normal for JVC units to not give the 12v from there remote wire? Iíve bought two in a row and neither of them can power my amp?

Thanks in advance!
Dizzle999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
KaeZoo

KaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you're using blue/white and not blue/yellow?
KaeZoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
Dizzle999

Yeah, the one thatís labelled up remote/steering control?

Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
KaeZoo

KaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond reputeKaeZoo has a reputation beyond repute

The one you want is labeled "p.cont" (I think) and is blue with a white stripe. The blue/yellow labeled "remote/steering control" is an input for a wired remote control or a steering wheel control adapter. It won't do anything for your amplifier.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #5
Dizzle999

Ok, so do I use the blue wire with the white stripe thatís with all the other wires in the connector? Just pull it out?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #6
KaeZoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle999 View Post
Ok, so do I use the blue wire with the white stripe thatís with all the other wires in the connector? Just pull it out?
Should be in the same plug as the power and speaker wires, yes. Not sure what you mean by "just pull it out". The remote lead from your amplifier should be connected to the blue/white wire.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:59 AM   #7
Dizzle999

I mean, should that wire be separate or does it just lead to the same black plug the other lead to?

Old 01-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #8
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

What model number is your JVC? European market? Many of those use a black "DIN" plug not found on North American models (that usually have bare wire ends), so it helps to be specific.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote