CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 01-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Ruan

Ruan is on a distinguished road

Adding Bluetooth receiver to Pioneer head unit help.

Good day.

I purchased a Pioneer head unit a while back http://pioneer-mea.com/en/products/mvh-x175ui/ and was happy with it until I started wanting to use Bluetooth streaming with my new smartphone (just wanting to be fancy )
So I looked around for Bluetooth receivers and only seem to be able to find the ones that run off the auxiliary jack. I don't want to have wires hanging off the front of my radio or having a wire connected to the lighter socket permanently so was wondering if there was a way of connecting to the back of the radio and building the receiver into the dash so it is all hidden. I can always add a 12v point under the dash for power, however my confusion is with the Auxiliary side of the install. Is there any way to do this?
Kind regards
Ruan
Ruan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-24-2017, 04:21 AM   #2
huberoy123

huberoy123 is on a distinguished road

It appears that your head unit, only has the USB direct connect feature for using iphones or android phones. No Bluetooth. Using this feature does not require a separate power source. You plug the cable into your phone, and into the USB port of the front of the head unit.

If you want the cable free option, I would recommend buying a radio with the Bluetooth feature.
huberoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #3
Ruan

Ruan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply and apologies for my late reply. New year was very busy. I found this article after searching for a while. Would this work? https://www.google.co.za/amp/www.pop...ndroid-hisense.
Kind regards
Ruan
Ruan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
huberoy123

huberoy123 is on a distinguished road

It looks like a relatively easy install. I would try it if I were in your situation. Let us know how it worked, after you install it.
huberoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote